Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla enthusiasts,

How's everyone doing? 👋 We've got some exciting news to share! We are here to introduce our latest product: Rim Protector For Tesla Model Y 🚗💨. This product is meticulously designed to provide top-notch protection for your Tesla Wheel Rims.🛡👍

To celebrate these new additions, we're inviting 10 TMC fans to put these products to the test and share their honest reviews here!!! Let's take a look at the latest products👇

All-In-One Rimcase Rim Protector For Tesla Model Y 20'' Induction Wheel and 21” Uberturbine Wheels

Product link: https://bit.ly/3TpxMRP

Product picture:
20''.jpg

rim protector.png

rim protector2.png

Features:
  1. Enhanced wheel protection.
  2. Cover Existing Scratches. Save money on wheel repairs.
  3. Snap-on installation, is firm and does not fall off even when driving at high speeds.
  4. Easy to install & easy to remove.
  5. Multiple color options.

21''.jpg

The 21'' hub protective cover is on pre-sale, be the first to experience it! (will be shipped on November 27, 2023)

Lottery quota:
5 for Model Y 20-inch wheel car owners
5 for Model Y 21-inch wheel car owners

How to Participate:
Simply drop a comment below sharing which one you want to try and why.

Requirements:
Own Tesla of Model Y 20'' Induction Wheels or 21'' Uberturbine Wheels

End date:
December 09, 2023

Last edited:
So we finally had a break in the weather that allowed me to clean the wheels and snap these protectors into place. Super easy to fit and as per Teslaunch advice I chose to NOT use the sticky pads. The fitted look is great and they feel secure. I guess only time will tell. Excuse hiw filthy the car is (a week in Devon) but hopefully the pics show the damage to both nearside wheels and how it looks with the protectors fitted. It took longer to wash the wheels than it did to fit the protectors. I will inform my wife though that the primary aim remains i.e. we try really hard to not hit kerbs or potholes!

Attachments

• IMG_9598.jpeg
    IMG_9598.jpeg
    714.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9599.jpeg
    IMG_9599.jpeg
    720.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9600.jpeg
    IMG_9600.jpeg
    474.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9601.jpeg
    IMG_9601.jpeg
    389.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9602.jpeg
    IMG_9602.jpeg
    470.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9603.jpeg
    IMG_9603.jpeg
    720.2 KB · Views: 26
I read somewhere that some people have issues when trying to air up (or down) their tyres. The nozzle doesn't fit because of aftermarket wheel covers or protectors. Does this have that issue?
I hadn't thought of that so I went out to check. I use a 20 year old portable electric air compressor which has a large valve connector. i had no problems on 3 tires but I had to juggle the 4th but it worked. I also ran up to the local gas station and no problems on any of the tires with their hose. It would be nice if the rim protectors had a little more room at the tire valve location.

Reactions: VipinLJ
I hadn't thought of that so I went out to check. I use a 20 year old portable electric air compressor which has a large valve connector. i had no problems on 3 tires but I had to juggle the 4th but it worked. I also ran up to the local gas station and no problems on any of the tires with their hose. It would be nice if the rim protectors had a little more room at the tire valve location.
Thank you very much for that information! I use a portable air compressor. I'm still waiting for my protectors to reach me. I'm guessing, from what you've mentioned, that I should be good. Thank you once again!

I have the Yeslak covers on m3 1 and it’s tight
I can get the fill nozzle on and fill, but the cap is almost impossible to get off and on
Now I store snip-nose pliers in the glovebox

For the M3 2 I purchased rhe Lasfit covers and it’s out of town right now, no ideas on tightness

I have the Yeslak covers on m3 1 and it’s tight
I can get the fill nozzle on and fill, but the cap is almost impossible to get off and on
Now I store snip-nose pliers in the glovebox

For the M3 2 I purchased rhe Lasfit covers and it’s out of town right now, no ideas on tightness
Any future plans to offer similar products for Model S Plaid/LR?

Thank you for your suggestion, we will submit this suggestion to the product development department. During this period, we will focus on collecting wheel protectors for which models Tesla owners want and later focus on research and development.

Hi! Yes, the rim protector can be put on directly without the cushioning cotton. If the scratch is too deep and the entire edge of the wheel hub is smoothed, you can simply clean the scratch first, glue the buffer cotton on, and then install the wheel hub protector. It might be firmer this way.
@Teslaunch - I'd be grateful if you could confirm the colour of the protectors I was lucky to receive from the giveaway. I want to order more and I'm fairly sure I'm not sure if the ones we were sent are Matt Black or Carbon Grey. They are an almost perfect match for the Uberturbines. MTIA

@Teslaunch - I'd be grateful if you could confirm the colour of the protectors I was lucky to receive from the giveaway. I want to order more and I'm fairly sure I'm not sure if the ones we were sent are Matt Black or Carbon Grey. They are an almost perfect match for the Uberturbines. MTIA
Hi! So happy to hear you guys love this product. 😁 For the 21'' Uberturbine wheel is Carbon Grey. If it is a Model Y 20-inch Induction wheel, the original car wheel color is matte black.

Is the giveaway still open? I’d be happy to receive a set and post pictures/impressions 😬
Hi! The giveaway promotion for this wheel protector has ended. Welcome to purchase this product on our website. Here is an exclusive discount code for TMC fans: TMC20 Use this discount code to enjoy a 20% discount on your purchase. ;)

Additionally, we will soon be launching another series of giveaway promotions. If you're interested, please kindly continue to follow us for updates!

Reactions: MidBaz
Further to my previous post regarding the rim protectors I thought you may appreciate an update from my ‘field trial’!

Pro
  • Super easy to apply.
  • Just as simple to remove and reapply.
  • Look great. Not quite as good as the bare wheel itself but once fitted you would hardly notice.
  • If you already have rim scrapes then these go a great job of hiding the damage
Con
  • They are expensive. Especially if you damage and need to replace individually (see below)
A mere 3 days after fitting, my wife managed to kerb the rear nearside wheel again! The protector was damaged and had to be removed. The rim took some damage but my guess is that the brunt of it was taken by the protector. So I have ordered two replacements but as above, that could become very expensive. I did try the discount code but it wasn’t recognised. I guess you can make your own minds up but to be honest these wheels are so vulnerable that I doubt anything other than very careful driving is going to protect them fully.

Attachments

• IMG_9644.jpeg
    IMG_9644.jpeg
    807.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9643.jpeg
    IMG_9643.jpeg
    591 KB · Views: 21
Further to my previous post regarding the rim protectors I thought you may appreciate an update from my ‘field trial’!

Pro
  • Super easy to apply.
  • Just as simple to remove and reapply.
  • Look great. Not quite as good as the bare wheel itself but once fitted you would hardly notice.
  • If you already have rim scrapes then these go a great job of hiding the damage
Con
  • They are expensive. Especially if you damage and need to replace individually (see below)
A mere 3 days after fitting, my wife managed to kerb the rear nearside wheel again! The protector was damaged and had to be removed. The rim took some damage but my guess is that the brunt of it was taken by the protector. So I have ordered two replacements but as above, that could become very expensive. I did try the discount code but it wasn’t recognised. I guess you can make your own minds up but to be honest these wheels are so vulnerable that I doubt anything other than very careful driving is going to protect them fully.
Thank you for your sharing. This discount of TMC20 is used for the entire set of products.

The technology research and development cost of this product is relatively high and the cost of raw materials has been rising recently. However, we are now doing our best to give customers the best prices.

With your strong support, we will keep the price to the lowest. Or you can also tell me what price you think is more appropriate. We will work hard to get the best price in your mind.

Hi! The giveaway promotion for this wheel protector has ended. Welcome to purchase this product on our website. Here is an exclusive discount code for TMC fans: TMC20 Use this discount code to enjoy a 20% discount on your purchase. ;)

Additionally, we will soon be launching another series of giveaway promotions. If you're interested, please kindly continue to follow us for updates!
Thank you! Much appreciated.

Thank you for your sharing. This discount of TMC20 is used for the entire set of products.

The technology research and development cost of this product is relatively high and the cost of raw materials has been rising recently. However, we are now doing our best to give customers the best prices.

With your strong support, we will keep the price to the lowest. Or you can also tell me what price you think is more appropriate. We will work hard to get the best price in your mind.
Hi. I've ordered 2 x replacement protectors and 1 other product. The discount would have been very welcome but I couldn't get the TMC20 code to apply so placed the order without it. Teslaunch have to make a profit otherwise its a short-lived business but given the nature of these protectors I think if you were offering a reduced rate on replacements that's as much as we can hope. Maybe anyone purchasing replacements has to be able to show they ordered the pack of 4/5 in the first place.