Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1:18 Scale Diecast P85 Model S now in Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's fantastic!

Turns out replacing the wiper was WAY more difficult than putting the frunk cargo net back in place. Darling daughter tore one of them off with the microfiber cloth while wiping it down.

Second trip to the 1:18 Service Center because she shut the trunk on a Calico Critter figurine which was a bit too tall for the RFS. Popped the glass in the lift back out. Custom cut of double sided tape fixed it.

She came to me all doe eyed last night. "Papa...I always tell you when I've done something. Let me tell you what I did. Here's what happened to the Tesla while you were playing golf today..."

"That's alright, Sweetheart...let's see if we can fix those things."

Daughters are the best!

- - - Updated - - -

Did she charge it for you after?

Nope. But the way she carefully places it back in styrofoam container, lays tissues to cover the body and wraps it up with lightweight paper before putting it back in the container is pretty touching.

I probably shouldn't be letting her play with it (3 repairs and counting), but I'm pretty soft on adorable people who weigh 45 pounds.

She came to me all doe eyed last night. "Papa...I always tell you when I've done something. Let me tell you what I did. Here's what happened to the Tesla while you were playing golf today..."

"That's alright, Sweetheart...let's see if we can fix those things."

Daughters are the best!

Better now than in fifteen years or so, when your first response would probably be more along the lines of "Was anyone hurt?"

Finally found a really nice garage for my model Model S (wasn't happy with the other ones that are used to display all those ICEs...) :)

The case is really well done (what I would expect for the price...) and has 3 different lighting modes. And I already have an idea how I will Tesla-fy that black bar that hosts the ground LEDs.

20150910_145219.jpg
20150910_145136.jpg
20150910_145154.jpg

They do ship to US, in case anyone is interested: HOBBYLight - Miniature Track Light. Create Your Miniature Gallery

Cheers,
Rog

Attachments

• 20150910_145123.jpg
    20150910_145123.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
I'd love to buy one of these, but I can't find an English site. If anyone finds one, or this on amazon/ebay please post a link.

Ooops, didn't realize I put the japanese link there. Here you go: HOBBYLight - Miniature Track Light. Create Your Miniature Gallery
I don't think it is available via Amazon or eBay.

Ordering site is still in Japanese though - but I can PM you the e-mail address I used to communicate with them. They are very responsive, paying via PayPal, shipped to CT within 6 days or so. Cost: $120 & $20 shipping.

Cheers,
Rog

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice. Love the supercharger!

Thanks - that doesn't come with the case though ;)

Ooops, didn't realize I put the japanese link there. Here you go: HOBBYLight - Miniature Track Light. Create Your Miniature Gallery

Ordering site is still in Japanese though - but I can PM you the e-mail address I used to communicate with them. They are very responsive, paying via PayPal, shipped to CT within 6 days or so. Cost: $120 & $20 shipping.

Cheers,
Rog

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Rog, I'm late to the party

Cheers,
Rog

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Rog, I'm late to the party. I've ordered my Model 3 and got so excited I've now ordered the scale P85 as well. You mention you had an email address you used to communicate with the guys at hobbylight. If you wouldn't mind dragging that up and sending it to me it would be greatly appreciated. Love the pics you took with their display case.
Thanks in advance!