Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1:18 Scale Diecast P85 Model S now in Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Red model arrived today!

20150729_192921.jpg
20150729_193009.jpg
20150729_193048.jpg
20150729_193113.jpg
20150729_192854.jpg

PSA Note to Owners:

The frunk cargo net will pop off if a little girl sticks her finger in there and gives it a yank. Repair will require very small needle nose pliers, jewelers screwdriver and extreme patience (which, as a parent, you already possess.)

The bottom of the cargo net has two longer & very thin prongs sticking straight down - that's the easy part. The top is held in place by two shorter thin prongs sticking toward the side and in slightly. They are a bit more challenging to seat. It might take you a long time fiddling with it. You'll be tempted to look for superglue but just stick with it.

For the record, nothing beats having a daughter. Absolutely the greatest. Daddy's toy car will be moving to the office Monday. Matchbox on order for home use.

During breakfast Princess asked if Daddy's Tesla could come home from the office for the weekend. When I got home home she asked if she could please play with it ("I'll be careful. I won't break anything and I'll clean when I'm done.")

Then she filled it with 7 teeny tiny figurines from one of her toy sets and "drove the family" all over our loft apartment. For like two hours. Then she took the microfiber cloth out of my eyeglass case and wiped all the fingerprints off. For like 10 minutes, looking at it from every angle. Future 2038 Model Y owner there. Daughters are the best.

During breakfast Princess asked if Daddy's Tesla could come home from the office for the weekend. When I got home home she asked if she could please play with it ("I'll be careful. I won't break anything and I'll clean when I'm done.")

Then she filled it with 7 teeny tiny figurines from one of her toy sets and "drove the family" all over our loft apartment. For like two hours. Then she took the microfiber cloth out of my eyeglass case and wiped all the fingerprints off. For like 10 minutes, looking at it from every angle. Future 2038 Model Y owner there. Daughters are the best.

That's fantastic!

I just got mine - looks perfect! I'm going take a picture of it using false perspective and will announce that I'm now a two-Tesla household. That will be sure to bring on parental ire, as they hate it when I spend money on anything. And I'm 46. It never ends with parents. It'll be a fun joke... :)

... Daughters are the best.
Yes, indeed. especially when we train them to have such excellent taste...but then we must pay for that excellent taste.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Mine's in for paint correction and Opticoat.
I still have not done mine. I'll have to call Pete and see how much he'll charge me for the Gtechniq Crystal Serum, the 3m and the bra too. I wonder if it will be 1/18 what he charged for my P85D? It is the same color, after all.