Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1)affect on range by wheel weight & 2)is 1.3 seconds worth the upgrade???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

1) With so many wheel options am wondering how the rim weight affect range? The stock Aero wheels weigh in just over 21lbs and would like to hear (ideally from current owners) how much range has been affected by incresaed wheel size and weight. I like the look of 20's and most wheels at that size weigh 25 - 35 lbs.

Are there any rims that are super-light that are priced reasonably? I'm liking the TSportline and EVwheel style turbine but am scared off by the weight of the wheel. Also loving and leaning towards the TSW Watkins as I think it weighs 25lbs but can't get it confirmed anywhere - called TSW and was told shipping weight is 28-32 lbs and CSR guessed the weight at 25lbs.

2)I'm impatiently waiting on the non-performance AWD version but am seriously considering and trying to talk myself out of spending the extra $ on the performance model without the upgrade. While the brakes are great, I don't care for the wheels, spoiler, pedals and will need snow tires so the aero's are ideal. Thoughts???. It would mean a 4 year repayment instead of 3 year....please tell me it's not worth it.

Cheers