Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 July Discounted Price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The way I'm reading this is as follows. Autopilot tech on HW3 is at its limit. HW4 with hi rez, wider cameras is the solution on fixing Autopilots glitches. Better LMFP battery. 15 years time there will be cheaper battery replacement with HW8 upgrades for retro Teslas. I most likely will be downgraded to a mobility scooter by then.
HW4 will not make autopilot better and given how average it is on HW2, 2.5, & 3 (hw1 with mobileye still better). I’m struggling to consider it as ‘tech’. Tesla cruise control wont even control speed around a roundabout.

The way I'm reading this is as follows. Autopilot tech on HW3 is at its limit. HW4 with hi rez, wider cameras is the solution on fixing Autopilots glitches. Better LMFP battery. 15 years time there will be cheaper battery replacement with HW8 upgrades for retro Teslas. I most likely will be downgraded to a mobility scooter by then.
You got either the thread title or the content wrong, but I'm not sure which.

I find that my M3 (Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control enabled) does control the speed around the roundabout, although it can "hesitate a little" just after exiting.
Speed bumps, on the other hand, it doesn't have a clue...
I'd be very nervous using TACC through roundabouts as you are supposed to slow down and observe on approach