Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10 million miles to go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should be about a day out two, right? Sometime earlier this week the switch should’ve been flipped. Oh yeah 10 million Elon Miles.... I didn’t take that into consideration...o_O
I think you’re confusing Elon miles with EST (Elon standard time)
Realistically though, that 10 million miles should have a huge asterisk mark next to it. It’s not the miles that should be measured, but the lane changes.
You could go for 100+ miles on an empty road without changing lanes, but that wouldn’t help Tesla gather data for NoA
However, those who use AP regularly on their daily commute (esp in cities) may be of more use to development of NoA because of the car lane changes in traffic, and the multitude of exits the car needs to be able to differentiate between

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read that the fleet is up to around 10 million miles per day. I'm guessing that it's 10 million miles of autopilot engaged miles, which I'm sure would be somewhere around a week or two. From there, I'm sure they'll update the early access people, test, update more people, test, fix things, test, roll out to small group, test more, roll out to larger group, test more, then update more. All final changes will end up hitting by mid-January. ;)

Reactions: 1375mlm
I’m expecting by Veteran’s Day at the latest. In the blog post it was mentioned that since 9.0 was released and up until the point of this latest release, more than 10 million miles had been driven to validate this first release of NOA.

That time period was about 3 weeks.

Reactions: zoeconner