Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D and unlimited free supercharging for me - woo woo woo *

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW my sales rep also told me if Tesla delays production for some reason you will still get the unlimited supercharging as long as you ordered while the website still said "late march delivery." I was careful to take screenshots of the site still saying late march and of the clock showing I ordered before midnight.

I wonder how many cars were sold this month and specifically on 12/31/16 to people hoping to get all the latest updates and changes and still get free supercharging. I would have loved to but my p85DL is only 19 months old and couldn't quite justify the financial hit. Plus I guess I'm waiting for all the bugs to be straightened out on AP2.0, XM radio added to the full glass roof, straight white to be reintroduced to the color choices andmaybe an interior upgrade and a P105D to be rolled out( one can hope!) I think Tesla will be tied up with the model 3 rollout this next year and then they will concentrate on the S to make it more luxurious

They have said any changes to the order will reset the clock and will remove free supercharging, so you couldn't switch to the 100. Although there is certainly a chance that they release the 100 for all cars and you get a software limited 90, upgradeable.

Not true. If I change the color today before production I don't lose supercharging...

You're right, I should have been more specific. Any options that were available to you when ordering are game for you to change to with appropriate fees, but changing to an option not available at order time (such as 100D) changes the Tesla "price book" and resets the timer losing the free supercharging.

Also as stated above if you are in the 7 day window any changes are available. However, don't expect them to announce anything major in the first week.

You're right, I should have been more specific. Any options that were available to you when ordering are game for you to change to with appropriate fees, but changing to an option not available at order time (such as 100D) changes the Tesla "price book" and resets the timer losing the free supercharging.

Also as stated above if you are in the 7 day window any changes are available. However, don't expect them to announce anything major in the first week.
That makes sense. I guess I'll stick with my 90D order then as this vehicle will be used for a number of road trips and the Supercharging will be more value to me than the extra range.

My hope is to see the supercharger pricing and the S100D pricing to be able to make an informed decision. Perhaps as part of the Jan 4th event.

I don't currently feel the unlimited supercharging would be a huge value for me. But given the number of quick weekend trips we do, the S100D would be pretty valuable.

Having pricing available would let me confirm or deny my theory.