Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried this on 11.1, I don’t remember this issue with 12.6 but if you are at a red light and toggle the stalk to go, as if the light turned green (but still red), it goes right through the red light. I may not have tried that but i thought when it saw red it would never let it go through it even after you stop, but maybe I’m remember incorrectly.

I could have sworn I saw a video on YouTube from Dirty Tesla that showed that no matter what you did it would not go through a red light. He tried it several times with the stalk and accelerator and it would not go through a red light.

I am wondering how it works if there is a right turn on red allowed.

I could have sworn I saw a video on YouTube from Dirty Tesla that showed that no matter what you did it would not go through a red light. He tried it several times with the stalk and accelerator and it would not go through a red light.

I am wondering how it works if there is a right turn on red allowed.
It will slow down at every light no matter red yellow or green, like you said if you over ride the green light but it turns red it will stop and won’t let you take it. Lots of videos show this.

I haven’t seen what would happen after you came to a complete stop on the red, should allow you to drive on.

Fred

Remember to tap 3 times in the box to over ride the 2 minute count down.

Says updating Autopilot, I don’t have AP LoL gime AP for free!!!!

Updating ECU now 24 minutes into it.

924B88C9-F51E-43DC-9426-1AA46AE0EACC.jpeg

Fred

Last edited:
He tried it several times with the stalk and accelerator and it would not go through a red light.
Yup, Autopilot will ignore your confirmation at red lights if it is confident you should not enter the intersection. Here's a few videos:
@3:08 from Dirty Tesla - Tesla Autopilot Stopping at Traffic Lights and Stop Signs - Strengths and Weaknesses | FSD
@12:15 from All Electric - Tesla Software Update | 2020.12.6| Stop Sign & Traffic Light Detection | Extensive Testing
@6:04 from Black Tesla - Testing Tesla's Full Self-Driving Features!

*However* if Autopilot is even slightly confused, e.g., sees an adjacent green light or believes the signal is flashing (e.g., flashing red is treated as a stop) or the signal isn't "standard," it will assume confirmation is to enter the intersection. This behavior is useful when Autopilot is wrong where I've been at oddly angled intersections, and it incorrectly thought I still had a red when but my signal just turned green.

Well, no Lit foot well again! Damn hahahahaha
We all saw the lights so it’s a software lock and maybe we can pay to get those turned back on.

no changes, same release notes of Driving Visual and DashCam viewer, but now the software screen they added: Autopilot Safety Features (included package)

That’s it

Fred

Just got the notification a short while ago and did the update. Haven’t driven. Went from 12.5 to 12.11.1. I have purchased FSD but haven’t done the HW3 upgrade yet so still on 2.5. Wondering if I will see stop signs and lights even if not using AP like I could see the orange cones under 12.5.

I notice the software will put stop limit lines at intersections where there is no stop sign like on a small residential street.
This is not new. As long as the road your on supports TACC it will treat T Intersections like a regular stop sign and place a grey line where it will stop.
I have found though the car will stop too far from the actual intersection. Still a nice feature I wasn't expecting with the initial roll out.

Do I need to have FSD to see auto pilot response to traffic lights?
I only have autopilot not FSD, do t see anything about traffic light response in release notes or in the autopilot menu

You need FSD and HW3.

Without FSD you'll still get the WARNING YOU ARE ABOUT TO RUN A RED LIGHT thing- but the car won't do anything to actually stop you from running it.