Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12 Hours to Go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our appointment is at 11:45 am in Fremont to pick up the Model 3 my husband stood in line on day 1 to put down deposits for us and for our son. Our son couldn't wait; he bought an X in July and just loves it. Since he was now a Tesla owner his reservation moved up. As we anxiously awaited and followed Model 3 news, we learned that as direct family members, we could "buy" a Model 3 on his reservation with his permission. In rapid succession, we did the online ordering for the first new car we would have in 17 years (Honda S2000), decided on financing, arranged insurance, was helped by a wonderful, helpful inside sales associate located in Nevada and arranged the appointment for my birthday when three generations will be on hand for the delivery. We will have to see who rides home in which Tesla. Thank you for all the posts by all the members on this forum. I have spent way too many hours in the last few weeks learning and enjoying them.

Wow - Congrats!

I see your location is New Orleans - are you paying California Sales Tax by picking up in Fremont? If so, will you have to pay Louisiana Sales Tax too when you register it in state? I have purchased quite a few new vehicles in Texas but only pay Louisiana sales tax when registering in Louisiana.

Good luck and looking forward to your review/experience.

Mike