Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12 volt battery dies without warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Without warranty it may recall a trip to small claims court to get it covered, or recovered costs.
What do you mean by small claims court? Who can you sue for this?
In the USA, you can sue anyone for anything.

As someone that has actually sued Tesla and won, I am at a loss here what a claim would be. The car was out of warranty, and it's well known that cars and batteries degrade over time and need maintenance. I don't think there is any expectation in normal consumer commerce that a car has any guarantee not to malfunction and do damage to itself after a known maintenance item fails.

I do agree with that statement "no car warns of a battery dying" but these cars are so technically advanced that I believe there should something software driven that could warn you of this. But in Tesla's defense I did get an email about 11:00 last night that the battery needs to be replaced so this morning I was planning on addressing that but could not even open the car door.

In the USA, you can sue anyone for anything.

As someone that has actually sued Tesla and won, I am at a loss here what a claim would be. The car was out of warranty, and it's well known that cars and batteries degrade over time and need maintenance. I don't think there is any expectation in normal consumer commerce that a car has any guarantee not to malfunction and do damage to itself after a known maintenance item fails.
Can you tell us what the issue was that you won on?

Can you tell us what the issue was that you won on?

With about 10 seconds of searching TMC for posts by Gearcruncher, you can find the 10+ page thread on exactly that topic.