Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

125kw McChargers!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That could be real helpful for us when staying on south coast so long as they don't get parked up and just left in the same way that their tables remain occupied when finished with little darlings playing on screens or with crayons. Hopefully there will be some incentives like idle fees or maybe ANPR cameras to prevent them being ICE'd.

Its good news if it comes about. Especially if the rates are reasonable. Going to Lyme Regis in a week, there there is still bugger all there. One charger from chargemycar and I have to pay £10 annual suscription to the have the privilidge of using it once or twice a year - no thanks. Not to mention the £1 "connection fee".

But if they stick them in all the McDs and they are rapid, could just pop down to one while on holiday to top up.

I do hope though by then Tesla puts up a couple more superchargers there.

Clever really, having such fast chargers there. Makes sense for places like this, and supermarkets, to have rapids as that fits the natural profile of people using the facilities. If you stick fast chargers there people will just use it as all day charging or something.

Its good news if it comes about. Especially if the rates are reasonable. Going to Lyme Regis in a week, there there is still bugger all there. One charger from chargemycar and I have to pay £10 annual suscription to the have the privilidge of using it once or twice a year - no thanks. Not to mention the £1 "connection fee".

But if they stick them in all the McDs and they are rapid, could just pop down to one while on holiday to top up.

There is the Lidl in Chard which you might want to use to top up before heading for Lyme Regis.

That could be real helpful for us when staying on south coast so long as they don't get parked up and just left in the same way that their tables remain occupied when finished with little darlings playing on screens or with crayons. Hopefully there will be some incentives like idle fees or maybe ANPR cameras to prevent them being ICE'd.
I imagine they could get ICE'd but surely no one spends longer than 30 minutes at Mcdonalds so shouldn't be too bad unless people leave on charge and go to other shops etc

Absolutely agree.

McDonalds network is massive so this could be the start of the game changing. Imagine if other similar companies followed suit.
I think it's great and we have superchargers. for everyone else it's twice as good news. Time needed at a 125 and time to eat a mcdonalds line up well. They were really smart not to just go for 50kw. This will bring them a lot more customers as ev's proliferate

I imagine they could get ICE'd but surely no one spends longer than 30 minutes at Mcdonalds so shouldn't be too bad unless people leave on charge and go to other shops etc

The one that I would use for south coast seems to attract groups of young families who seem to use the restaurant as a party location. So extended stays. Pretty much every time I have gone to use it, the tables with iPads remain constantly occupied young kits playing on them or scrawling on everything with crayon. Or sitting in car eating.

Mind you, it will be a long time before I set foot again in a McDonalds. Maybe drive through in time.

They were really smart not to just go for 50kw. This will bring them a lot more customers as ev's proliferate
Just as long as they're not going to fit one 175kw rather than three 50kw. The vast percentage of (none Tesla) cars driving about still can't charge over 50kw, especially if they're over 50% full. It's all well and good having a car that can pull the full 175kw but if you're sat waiting for an Outlander PHEV owner to finish his burger before you can charge at the one available 175KW charger........

I think the one in Lyme Regis is one of the 17 chargers installed by the Dorset councils a few years ago, in which case, although it is operated by ChargeYourCar the rate is set by the council at £4.00 flat rate for an hour (but beware £12.00 if you go over the hour!).

I used one of the ones in Poole several times before I got my PodPoint installed and could get about 40 kWh in an hour. I used the ChargeYourCar app and had to register it but I didn't have to pay a subscription.

The Dorset County Council ones are listed here: Charging your electric vehicle - Dorset Council (including links to ZapMap).

The old Poole Council web site has a list of all the sites in Dorset: https://www.poole.gov.uk/streets-and-travel/chargernet/