Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

125kW on a 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fastest I’ve seen so far on my 75 is 130kW now... but the taper is definitely more aggressive, and charging overall seems to usually take longer (especially if it is hot out?). This session actually dropped to 0kW before ramping back up to mid 60s for the duration of the charge. Actual ambient was about 85F despite the car reporting 103...

(And yes, I tried changing stalls... other one did the same thing/dropped to 0 after a few minutes and then ramped back up slowly... was super weird!)

View attachment 431915

How do you access that display showing all the power and temp specs?

Wow 130kw that's insane

don’t get too excited... this SC session was painfully slow in the end. I actually switched chargers twice before just letting the car do it’s thing. Seems the new firmware has some “tip in”...

E3D87F91-D4E7-4A86-8985-54A4BE0C738E.jpeg
BF617587-789D-45E1-89CD-CDE971195F14.jpeg
0DD8AE2D-9492-4B3E-8C3D-50523D378943.jpeg

Fastest I’ve seen so far on my 75 is 130kW now... but the taper is definitely more aggressive, and charging overall seems to usually take longer (especially if it is hot out?). This session actually dropped to 0kW before ramping back up to mid 60s for the duration of the charge. Actual ambient was about 85F despite the car reporting 103...

(And yes, I tried changing stalls... other one did the same thing/dropped to 0 after a few minutes and then ramped back up slowly... was super weird!)

View attachment 431915

Where can I see those data on the battery temperature?

don’t get too excited... this SC session was painfully slow in the end. I actually switched chargers twice before just letting the car do it’s thing. Seems the new firmware has some “tip in”...

View attachment 431920 View attachment 431921 View attachment 431922

Reviewing the data, I think the poor charging performance was actually temperature related. It hit the 45c battery threshold, and couldn’t keep it cool enough with the available cooling resources. So it started ramping up from 0 until it found what it could sustain and stayed there.