Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V Battery Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All--

1. I need to replace the 12V battery but the car is parked in a narrow stall with no room to remove the wheel & liner and I can't put it in neutral 😬

I saw someone mention that they were able to access the battery without removing the wheel -- does anyone have any details on this procedure?

2. Can anyone recommend a replacement battery? I found a few recommendations in this forum but haven't been able to find any in stock.

Thanks!
--Paul

The car should still drive with a dead 12v battery.
Ooh, good point.

To the OP, there may be something else going on that may seem like a 12v issue but isn't. (Thinking maybe switchpack or APS). That should take priority over the battery itself. What else is not working as expected, besides not being able to drop into neutral? You have a 2.x car, correct?

Hey Paul, long time, too bad you aren't living in the Bay I would help you. it's pretty tight without removing the wheel. try to find a way.
Hey J! I from Tesla after 16 years a couple months ago. The car is with my parents in PA whereas I'm in Germany. It's clear from other responses that I'm missing some information and that the car should be drivable without the 12V, I'll get more information.