Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v battery issue, Tesla unsatisfactory response

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I lived within driving distance of a Tesla service center, that would be my default choice to buy one there and install myself without an appointment

Follow Up:

A Tesla Ranger was at my home last week fixing a broken headlamp (turned out to be rodent wire damage). I asked him before he arrived if he would bring a 12V with him. He did, and after I told him I was happy to install it myself, he took a few minutes to go over the Model 3 specfic steps involved and then handed over the 12V. Total charge for the battery was $85 -ish + tax.

My Tesla Ranger is awesome.

As an aside, while swapping the 12v is straightforward, I ran into problems getting the rear seat back into place and latched. It might be a result of my Katzkin upholstery, but I had to huff and puff to get the seat aligned. I finally got it back in by moving my front seats forward all the way so that I could kneel in front of the back seat and have enough leverage to push it into place.

...he took a few minutes to go over the Model 3 specfic steps involved and then handed over the 12V. Total charge for the battery was $85 -ish + tax. ...
As an aside, while swapping the 12v is straightforward, I ran into problems getting the rear seat back into place and latched. It might be a result of my Katzkin upholstery, but I had to huff and puff to get the seat aligned. I finally got it back in by moving my front seats forward all the way so that I could kneel in front of the back seat and have enough leverage to push it into place.
FYI to others that ohmmu company a good video that is handy even if you don't buy one of their batteries and just by one from Tesla.

Reactions: SageBrush