Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v Switched?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have exactly the same problem. Relais works when connected to VCleft but not when connected to console Light. When I measure the voltage is much lower than Vcleft. 10,69 volt. When connected the relais it drops to 8,64 volt. Unfortunately this solution is not working for me. Any other suggestions?

I have exactly the same problem. Relais works when connected to VCleft but not when connected to console Light. When I measure the voltage is much lower than Vcleft. 10,69 volt. When connected the relais it drops to 8,64 volt. Unfortunately this solution is not working for me. Any other suggestions?
This is exactly what is happening to me as well. I don’t understand why it isn’t working correctly.

Does this spot on VCRight behave like VCLeft did prior to 16.2.1? Switched 12v that goes on and off with opening and closing the driver door? This radar detector install I found appears to be using the same circuit. The installer notes that this circuit is powered on more often than the center console 12v.
Reinstall Valentine One with V1Driver on a Model 3

Just test this spot and it behave like the spot at the VCleft. When closing the door power doesnt shut down.

• Informative
Reactions: todd2fst4u
The wire doesnt exist SR+ and wasn’t expecting to see it but the pin is still there, couldnt even get close enough to it to test it anyway. I ended up grabbing a trigger wire off the console lights to run to a relay and seems to work exactly like vcleft use to.

Any chance you could post a picture? I'm still trying to figure out if this pin is at the exact same (or mirrored) location as the VC_LEFT 12V tap.

I’m curious how you have this working for you.

This is how I wired mine but couldn’t get it to work. Is this how you are wiring it as well?

Pin 86-center console switch wire (brown)
Pin 85- ground
Pin 30- 12v constant (blue center console 12v or red VCleft wire)
Pin 87- use this pin to power accessory

Looks good to me, is the console light coming on? My switch was reading same voltage as car at around 14volts. Relay i used was old and had a metal tab that was slightly rusted. Ill take a pic of where I grabbed the switch wire.

Last edited:
Any chance you could post a picture? I'm still trying to figure out if this pin is at the exact same (or mirrored) location as the VC_LEFT 12V tap.
Look at a vc right on ebay plug is mirrored, not sure about pin since I couldnt test it

Attachments

• D2781C64-17AC-4CD7-8E74-1FB98F1EF04A.png
    D2781C64-17AC-4CD7-8E74-1FB98F1EF04A.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 368
  • 6260935F-A66A-45F1-9DB4-4EAF35D6153B.png
    6260935F-A66A-45F1-9DB4-4EAF35D6153B.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 312
Try swapping 86 and 85? Shouldnt make a difference. Where are you grounding the relay, I ended up running ground back to the cig outlet ground. I was going to ground it in the driver kick but the metal is hardened or something and broke several bits making a whole the all the screws i tried just stripped the threads trying to bite.

what voltage are you getting off the light with no load, id think it should be the same as everything else unless your ground is bad.

Try swapping 86 and 85? Shouldnt make a difference. Where are you grounding the relay, I ended up running ground back to the cig outlet ground. I was going to ground it in the driver kick but the metal is hardened or something and broke several bits making a whole the all the screws i tried just stripped the threads trying to bite.

what voltage are you getting off the light with no load, id think it should be the same as everything else unless your ground is bad.
I tried swapping 85 and 86, as expected no change.

When I use my multimeter, I get 13.8 volts using the brown console switch wire and the ground from the center console 12v. When I connect my relay to this, it drops to 5.8 volts and the center console LED dims.