Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

13k for the difference between 335 and 370 miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I placed the order of a model S Raven on 04/24/2019 morning, the first day it is announced. And now I am very frustrated by the waiting experience just as many Raven buyers in the forum. Talked to the local showroom last Friday and they still have no clue when my car will be in the production.

The price of my car is 91k excluding tax, doc, and all other fees. Now I saw an inventory older version of model S from 2019 with range of 335 miles and same config I wanted. It is listed for 78k. I understand the new Raven got a new suspension, slightly longer range and new drivetrain. But is it a good deal? Should I switch? Any suggestion is appreciated!

For more context, this is the config of my car, the price is actually 90k, so 12k difference. The inventory car has the exact same config besides it is a non-raven one.
  • Model S Long Range
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 19’’ Silver Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Autopilot

Yes, the "new inventory" models are getting interesting, price-wise. I've been leaning towards the P3 lately but the inventory S cars are dragging me back. The problem is that I want 3.X acceleration times.

Personally I would buy the inventory vehicle and put the $13K to better uses than a depreciating asset. The tech difference isn’t great enough to make the leap if were me. Now if the body style and interior were being updated then it might be worth it. I say save your money...