Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

14-50 adapters vs multiple extension cords

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah that is what I was worried about. Clearly I don't know about about the topic in general....but getting into fabricating my own pigtails seems like a tall order.
Although, some folks have stated that it is not terribly difficult.

Sorry for the incomplete previous post. I also own the pigtail in the picture.

Btw, I have posted pictures of items that I currently use. However, I am in no way recommending that any persons use these unapproved "home-made" extension cords for charging, since Tesla has clearly stated their position against the use of any type of extension cord for charging their cars. If you attempt to use an extension cord for charging your vehicle, you are doing so at your own risk.

These items are very easy to assemble if you have experience. I would highly recommend one the
professional assemblers if you are unfamiliar with this equipment along with the advice of a licensed electrician since the consequences of a failure can not be overstated.

I always charge at 16A on dryer receptacles unless I have verified that it is on a 30A branch circuit.

Amazon.com : Conntek 29139-180 15-Feet Locking Power Cord for Model L6-30P to Model SJTW 10/3, 30-Amp, 250-volt : Lawn And Garden Tool Replacement Parts : Patio, Lawn Garden

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 175
Last edited: