Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seem like software is never stable.... 17.26.76 is going out at full speed to AP2 cars more than any version recently, and now there a new version!

upload_2017-7-11_16-38-27.png

upload_2017-7-11_16-39-40.png

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Sorry, model X75D HW2, Canada

Doesn't seem like anything too substantial.

I drove about 75km on very bendy highway outside vancouver (sea-to-sky)

Two observations:

1) It may be auto changing lanes more gently. Though I never found it to be as jarring as others in my vehicle.

2) it still slows down too aggressively on corners. Becomes unusable in cases unless you're okay making the driver behind you uncomfortable as they watch you brake hard and bounce around the curve.

Overall this latest version is much better than the 17.* ones so I'm not left with desire to roll back.

Here's hoping progress starts accelerating now that they have are beefing up the neural net and solved the biggest features of mobileye.

It appears as if Tesla's software development process is out of control. Releases are pushed out with bugs that then require an update to fix the bugs, that then result in.... If we had done that in my previous profession as software development manager I would have been fired. Oh wait, did somebody just got fired?
+1 got a .76 in my Ap1 and now it drives like the Ap2 (I have both) I had to take over several times thinking that I would hit the car stopped in front of me.... that used to happen with 7.1 version. come on Tesla, I was using the Ap1 because it was trustable than ap2.
Now we can tell that Ap2 is on the same level of Ap1, not bc ap2 is getting better, is because they are downgrading the Ap1 lol

• Funny
Reactions: pjw65 and Tampert
It appears as if Tesla's software development process is out of control. Releases are pushed out with bugs that then require an update to fix the bugs, that then result in.... If we had done that in my previous profession as software development manager I would have been fired. Oh wait, did somebody just got fired?
Obviously you are new to the forum.;)

• Funny
Reactions: dgpcolorado
I'm wondering if they're pushing out so many releases since they're testing code that'll actually affect Model 3, more than driving around today in Model S/X.

It seems like a sensible thing to do - they'll probably launch a bunch of new software features with the Model 3 launch, and rather than build loads of test cars and have them all over the place, they can just push it out to a bunch of existing cars and test things 'silently' on those...

Pure speculation on my part, but it would explain why there's so many revisions, so rapidly, at this point with so few user-facing changes. You may simply be unknowingly testing Model 3 (and hopefully future Model S/X) features.

I got the update on the 10th. The only thing I noticed was when I got in the car after update the A/C fan was on full and the radio, which had been muted was very loud. Otherwise I haven't noticed any difference. I have an AP1 Model S (2016 refresh).

+1 got a .76 in my Ap1 and now it drives like the Ap2 (I have both) I had to take over several times thinking that I would hit the car stopped in front of me.... that used to happen with 7.1 version. come on Tesla, I was using the Ap1 because it was trustable than ap2.
Now we can tell that Ap2 is on the same level of Ap1, not bc ap2 is getting better, is because they are downgrading the Ap1 lol
Parity achieved ;)