Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

~$17 a month for Digital Rplate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yah, got that email. I was rather tempted to respond back to it lol. I wonder if the "new" plate would have other functionality other than being thinner. Having said that, not sure how I feel about having the plate now vs. potentially sexier plate?

Considering I still have yet to see even one of these in the wild, I'm not worried about the FOMO. The only thing I really care about is how crappy the in-app message organization is. I replied back with some feedback and he said they're working on organizing the messages better and implementing custom messages.

So I just got an e-mail back from Reviver. They are sending me steps to get this installed at Best Buy. A step in the right direction, however, not sure about Best Buy, I think I would rather take a trip to Al & Eds.

I guess that's progress. Still nothing on my side yet. Sigh.

Considering I still have yet to see even one of these in the wild, I'm not worried about the FOMO. The only thing I really care about is how crappy the in-app message organization is. I replied back with some feedback and he said they're working on organizing the messages better and implementing custom messages.

Yeah, the organization is kind of all of the place, and need to cycle through the whole thing to find particular message you like. They should also have the option to favorite certain messages to make it simpler to access as well.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I guess that's progress. Still nothing on my side yet. Sigh.

Yeah, the organization is kind of all of the place, and need to cycle through the whole thing to find particular message you like. They should also have the option to favorite certain messages to make it simpler to access as well.

So I ended up questionings Best Buy's install capability specifically on Teslas. Reviver wrote back and said they made a mistake and BB is not familiar with working on Teslas and I have now been assigned to a mobile installer, which I was supposedly already waiting on. I asked if they would start charging their monthly fee on something that is not installed and they said no. Although, it really doesn't matter at this point whether they charge or not. Real frustrating, to be honest.

I got mine installed today. I think 2 other Socal people also had their's done, hopefully the other two members? The installer shared they're in Redlands, and Moreno Valley.

Anyway, like Mr X above, looking at it in the daytime with direct sunlight shining on it makes it appear dark purple. I was under the impression that it's similar technology as Kindle Ink -- the digital ink tech, but looks like it's not entirely the same. I wished it wasn't purple,and just black/white. In any case, glad it's finally on. It did take the installer a good 2 hours or so though.

Having said that, I actually think this is work I can do myself lol, it's just tapping into constant 12v, at worst, just go directly to the battery.

Will post pic tomorrow!

I got mine installed today. I think 2 other Socal people also had their's done, hopefully the other two members? The installer shared they're in Redlands, and Moreno Valley.

Anyway, like Mr X above, looking at it in the daytime with direct sunlight shining on it makes it appear dark purple. I was under the impression that it's similar technology as Kindle Ink -- the digital ink tech, but looks like it's not entirely the same. I wished it wasn't purple,and just black/white. In any case, glad it's finally on. It did take the installer a good 2 hours or so though.

Having said that, I actually think this is work I can do myself lol, it's just tapping into constant 12v, at worst, just go directly to the battery.

Will post pic tomorrow!

Congrats! Still waiting lol

Here are two pics! Again, I wish it didn’t show up purple in some angles, but hopefully this is something that’ll get better, and with subscription model, we can just swap it out.

Attachments

• 0FF0D8B3-D53A-4564-845D-F2520D6CE570.jpeg
    0FF0D8B3-D53A-4564-845D-F2520D6CE570.jpeg
    365.6 KB · Views: 194
  • B54F592A-A070-4173-B238-C56C7BFAC114.jpeg
    B54F592A-A070-4173-B238-C56C7BFAC114.jpeg
    587.8 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: Mr X and T3SLAROD
So my car just bricked during the 2020.32.3 update. Had to get it towed to Tesla service. They're saying it's a high likelihood the license plate did something (huh?) and they've "had a few of these come in this week".

Wow! I updated to 2020.32.3 and everything went smooth. I would contact Reviver to see what they have to say, doesn’t sound right to me.

Reactions: lUtriaNt and logan
Wow! I updated to 2020.32.3 and everything went smooth. I would contact Reviver to see what they have to say, doesn’t sound right to me.

I just emailed them. Tesla loooovvveeeeeeesssss blaming any and all problems on aftermarket parts, even if it makes no sense. Obviously my wheels, tint, and chrome delete didn't cause this. I'm not sure how something like this connected to 12V would cause such a severe issue too, but we'll see.

Lol so we all got our plates installed and now they just came out with a new slimmer plate! And they're using a Model 3 to display it on their website

Emailing them tomorrow morning and inquiring about getting this new plate now

OnWEhtA.png