Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

~$17 a month for Digital Rplate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called today and the Reviver Rep told me I was on the Installers Scheduled list, but that I had to wait for a call from him. They told me that the mobile installers do it in batches in the requested area. I guess Ill be waiting for a while in the I.E. lol....

Installed in my driveway in less than 20 minutes!

CRjhID8.jpg

I called today and the Reviver Rep told me I was on the Installers Scheduled list, but that I had to wait for a call from him. They told me that the mobile installers do it in batches in the requested area. I guess Ill be waiting for a while in the I.E. lol....

If you have the installers number I'd give them a call and ask. I called on Thursday and the guy just came today.

Yup, I got it. Just wasn't sure if I could change it everyday lol......

Yeah I want to know if we can submit custom messages for approval

It updates on the plate almost instantly after changing the message in the app. Nowhere in the app either to submit a phrase. I'll email the chick I've been talking to and see what she says about submitting a new phrase

Reactions: T3SLAROD

I am in IE too, so maybe we will have our's be on the same date? I just emailed support and told them to give me the number because I was told last week that I *could* get the call on Monday... or anytime rest of the week. I am not terribly excited by that second part of the reply.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
yes they drill a hole and yes they seal it.

you want to make sure the installer taps into the constant 12V and not some other source because if the car goes to sleep and the plate is on a circuit that deactivates when the HV is disconnected, you can get some errors from the plate and it may think its "detached".

there is a button on the plate you can long press to "reset" the plate (this is totally not needed for normal use) but if you just added a new logo and you want it reflected on the plate right away you can press this button and the plate will "call the server". this then updates the plate immediately (assuming you are in good lte coverage).

be careful NOT to have the unit call the server when you are driving outside and you go under a tunnel or into a area where the coverage drops - thuis can brick the plate.

the only time the plate uses power is when you connect to the server to update the plate or when you turn on the lights and the plate lights light up.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
The installer I had was not outsourced. It was actually from the company in fact one of the engineers he said he writes the guides for all the installer on how to do this every now and then he does installation for bay area customers :D

also I did chat to him about carpool sticker here in California. He said they can just flip the switch they are just waiting for the state to come on board its the state which is stopping them..so far from getting that feature :D

I am glad I am having it done by one of the engineers He is installing as I am writing this :p

The installer I had was not outsourced. It was actually from the company in fact one of the engineers he said he writes the guides for all the installer on how to do this every now and then he does installation for bay area customers :D

also I did chat to him about carpool sticker here in California. He said they can just flip the switch they are just waiting for the state to come on board its the state which is stopping them..so far from getting that feature :D

I am glad I am having it done by one of the engineers He is installing as I am writing this :p

Cool, tell him they need to up their game here in SoCal ;) still waiting lol.....

its not hard to do, its simply a constant 12volt install but its down to liability. if the plate is not installed right , it could potentially damage the car or the plate , so having someone licensed puts you in the safe zone.
i know how you feel having to wait - i had to wait nearly a month when i got it installed the first time and the cat came down from san fran to la.

since the company is paying for the install, it makes sense for them to schedule these in bulk and perhaps with the shutdown going on, it means it takes a little longer to bu8ild up the list.

that's good news about the hov thing. at least the infrastructure is in place.

its not hard to do, its simply a constant 12volt install but its down to liability. if the plate is not installed right , it could potentially damage the car or the plate , so having someone licensed puts you in the safe zone.
i know how you feel having to wait - i had to wait nearly a month when i got it installed the first time and the cat came down from san fran to la.

since the company is paying for the install, it makes sense for them to schedule these in bulk and perhaps with the shutdown going on, it means it takes a little longer to bu8ild up the list.

Oh Cool, that was great that they came down from SF. I’ve been watching videos of installs and it looks like here in So Cal a lot of Al&Eds shops have been installing them. I can wait not in a rush.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
tbh car manufacturers should be able to build in one of these type of displays, and then you could pay for and download your license plate to the car. kinda like phones with esim cards. i know its just wishful thinking tho, i’m surprised the government has something even this advanced lol

Reactions: nomis_nehc

I feel what you're saying. I think if anything, it's the lack of communication from the installer. If the installer had called and said yes they are waiting to build a list, or even just schedule a week or two out, I understand. But to not even get a call to inform of what's up is not how relationships are built. The other point is since now it's a subscription based, potentially we are paying for a product we can't even use.

As for self-install liability, it's something that customer can sign a waiver for. I used to mod cars for a living, I am sure I can handle the electrical work on this -- which I suppose is another reason why I feel annoyed.