Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

~$17 a month for Digital Rplate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I had posted this before, but I did ask about what happens after 36 months. This was their response:

Hello I hope you are doing great!

Thank you for your interest in our Rplate; Just to let you know that after the 36 months, the service fee will decrease from $16.95 to $3.99 for the Essential and from $19.95 to $4.99 for Professional because at that time period you only will pay for LTE services and those are from a third-party.

So it seems you do end up owning the plate and just paying for the LTE monthly.

I've actually seen a bunch of people with these plates in the LA area, most of them are on 'nicer' cars like a bunch of Porsches and Mercedes SUV's, but I've seen them on 'regular' sedans and sports cars as well. Haven't seen any on a super car or exotic yet.

I could've sworn these were cheaper a couple of years ago, like $7-$9 per month to use, but I also think there was a one time $100 fee to get it.

I've never been a fan of them personally, but it's a neat concept.

The cheapest I’ve ever seen was last December for $12.95 + tax per month for the Essential.

I thought I had posted this before, but I did ask about what happens after 36 months. This was their response:

Hello I hope you are doing great!

Thank you for your interest in our Rplate; Just to let you know that after the 36 months, the service fee will decrease from $16.95 to $3.99 for the Essential and from $19.95 to $4.99 for Professional because at that time period you only will pay for LTE services and those are from a third-party.

So it seems you do end up owning the plate and just paying for the LTE monthly.

Yep. Was told the same thing. Which is cool. And makes sense since we'll pay the cost over the 3 years

Loving mine so far. What's going on with your install? Schedule a date yet?

Here's a night pic of the plate

vcxh3QM.jpg

Yep. Was told the same thing. Which is cool. And makes sense since we'll pay the cost over the 3 years

Loving mine so far. What's going on with your install? Schedule a date yet?

Here's a night pic of the plate

vcxh3QM.jpg

Nothing. Still waiting. IE is probably on the bottom of the list lol.

Ha! Love the SpaceX Sticker! Perfect.

Out of curiosity have you installed the Evil Headlights?

Is it transferable to another car. If I'm paying for LTE connection already such as On Star do I have to also pay for the LTE connection for the plate

yes thats what i did when i left my old car and bought the tesla.

this is separate from your on star product. this plate has to access dedicated , secured servers since its tied to your dmv info, so yes you will have to pay the couple bux extra for the lte service.

I called again yesterday and these things must be selling like hot cakes. The rep told me that I was on their schedule to schedule lol..... He said I would be getting an email or phone call soon. I'll give them until the end of next week to schedule and then Ill be returning this.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I called again yesterday and these things must be selling like hot cakes. The rep told me that I was on their schedule to schedule lol..... He said I would be getting an email or phone call soon. I'll give them until the end of next week to schedule and then Ill be returning this.

Same, actually I was thinking to give them until end of this week. I mean, busy I get, but not even a phone call after 2 weeks is just unacceptable. Even Tesla's service is not that bad lmao.

likely they are building up a pool of orders and then they will assign a local shop. it will take time. my first install over a year ago took them almost a month and the cat came from SF down to LA.

I mean, I would be really surprised that a year later they still haven't formed partnership with local shops. Plus we know that a Socal member that posted in this thread that his installer is in Socal that went to his home. So that can't be it...

• Love
Reactions: T3SLAROD
apologies for the misunderstanding in my message.

when i first got the plate 18 ish months ago for my old car, there were no mobile installers in LA. reviver had a few shops local in their area up norcal and those were the guys who were doing mobile installs then in LA.

now there ARE some installers in the area. when i got my plate put on model 3 recently, that cat was local, so im only speaking about those who opted for mobile installation.

the ones who got shop installs, i dont know why there is a delay, other than the shutdown causing issues perhaps...

Nothing. Still waiting. IE is probably on the bottom of the list lol.

Ha! Love the SpaceX Sticker! Perfect.

Out of curiosity have you installed the Evil Headlights?

Thanks no frame but has the perfect spot for a sticker! And no I haven't. Thought about it but I wouldn't really use them

Really surprised though you guys haven't got a scheduled day for install yet.

Just got an email from the CEO saying that they have been working on a new plate (possibly thinner) and once it comes out they will contact current plate holders if they want to exchange for the new one!

Thanks no frame but has the perfect spot for a sticker! And no I haven't. Thought about it but I wouldn't really use them

Really surprised though you guys haven't got a scheduled day for install yet.

Just got an email from the CEO saying that they have been working on a new plate (possibly thinner) and once it comes out they will contact current plate holders if they want to exchange for the new one!

Nice! Yeah, I sent an email telling them I wanted to return the plate, they immediately replied and asked me for the reason. I gave them the reason and so far crickets as far as returning or installation.

A new thinner plate sounds like a winner! Maybe there is no business in the IE for these plates and thats why they dont see it as priority, I dont know.

Yah, I have written to them today too about the same. Either reassign me to another installer asap, or send me the return label to return this. Obviously if they're not willing to leverage their partnership to have their installer be a little more prompt, then I guess they don't need to sell their products (my train of thought is that we're basically free marketing for them, but without these things being installed, they really aren't going to get more business)

Not to mention us posting about negative experiences. I get that it's not them, it's their installation partners, but that simply means that they need to do a better job of vetting partners. And be more prompt to exert pressure or reassign on a more timely manner. Crickets for 2 weeks upon receiving the product is really not acceptable.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
I hope in the near future they can work with Tesla directly. Have the mobile installer install it or even better convenience Elon to just provide a connector on all the future Tesla cars, where connecting this plate can become as easy as putting the screw and plugin :) Since On The CyberTruck Unveiling these plates or some digital plate was there I think :) So Tesla does like the idea I guess

Just got this email:

Reviver Customer,

I want to take a moment to introduce myself and extend my personal thanks for your business. I hope your Reviver experience has been a positive one and you are enjoying your Rplate. Reviver’s primary mission is to ensure our customers have a great experience with our products, our app, and our related services. To be successful in that effort, it is imperative that we listen closely to what your experiences are and use your feedback to constantly improve our products and services. One of our goals is to work hard to exceed your expectations through quality service experiences and continual innovation.

Over the past several months we have been developing a new Rplate and making improvements to our platform and mobile application. Essentially, you spoke, and we listened. Our newest offering has been largely based upon valuable customer input. Within the next few weeks, we will be providing you with an exclusive pre-launch peek at our newest and most innovative plate so far. We think you’re going to really like what you’ve helped us design. We are also launching a new website to help showcase Reviver’s products and services.

Please stay tuned. Our journey together is destined for great things. Thank you for your feedback and ideas. Please keep them flowing.

Sincerely,

Robert Wood

To anyone lined up for one, might be worth holding off a few weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt