Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18in Model 3 Performance wheel options for track use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've searched and only been able to find wheel and tire threads with multiple posts arguing about tires making it hard to get a grasp on the wheel options.

I'm looking to buy a set of wheels for my Model 3 Performance for track use. The 18s seem to have more tire options so I'm leaning towards the 18x9.5 size. These wheels will basically be used only on the track so I don't care how they look since they will likely get beat up anyways. Lighter weight and lower price are preferred and I would prefer to not have to run a spacer. I like the Tsports but those seem too nice and pricey for track only use.

What suggestions do you all have for wheels? I'm located in the US southwest.

That's what I'm leaning towards now. Do they got without adapters/ spacers? What size tire are you running on those?

The hub bore is larger than the lip on the P3D hub. You can run them lug centric with no adapters or anything. If you want them hub centric you'd have to get a hub ring that works with the lip. I have thicker RB rotors that cover the lip and then run a standard aluminum hub ring.

For track I have Hankook Ventus RS4 in 265/40-18.

Rear caliper clearance
IMG_20190628_191619.jpg

Stock PS4S/20" wheel weight
IMG_20190628_190804.jpg

Hankook/Konig weight
IMG_20190628_190653.jpg

Stock/track tire side x side
IMG_20190628_190422.jpg

265 front clearance
IMG_20190628_191147.jpg

IMG_20190628_192928.jpg

Last edited:
I've been running all my wheels without hub centric adapter and no issues off or on track. Just make sure you tighten the nuts in star pattern when the wheels are off the ground. You can do the final torque on the ground.

Glad you said this! I was telling someone else about running wheels lug centric and they swore it would cause problems...there are plenty of other cars out there that are lug centric too, I didn't understand what the problems was.