Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting for MY but will switch to Michelin MXV4 tire once the stock tires get worn out. Love the Michelin MXV tires.

According to their web site, Michelin makes only the Pilot Sport 4 (summer tire) and the Pilot Alpin PA4 (winter tire) in a 255/45R19 with the needed XL (104) load rating. I'm a big fan of Michelin and hope they make an all season tire in this size by the time my OEM tires wear out.

I'm also a big fan of Michelin tires, love the Pilot Sport AS/3+, but it is only available for the 20" size.

In the 19" size I'd recommend the Continental DSW 06 (had that on a VW Jetta Sportwagon several years ago). Maybe better is the Goodyear Exhilarate which is relatively new but seems to have good reviews.

BTW: living in San Diego snow experience is extremely limited... Of course you'd prefer real winter tires in areas where there is a lot of snow.

According to this: The Tesla Model Y Wheel and Tire Guide

Continental ProContact RX 255/45-19 104W Front, Rear

I'll note that these tires don't show up on Continental's website nor Tirerack.com or Discounttiredirect.com

It sometimes takes 3-4 months after a new car is released for a factory tire to hit the aftermarket resellers like the Rack or DiscountTire.
The Continental ProContact RX 255/45-19 104W is indeed the Tesla Model Y factory 19" tire. The manufacturer p/n is 15573630000.

Continential has some sort of limited warranty and as a courtesy will take a look at it and will give me some sort of refund. I am not holding my breath but I will keep everyone in the loop. They had UPS pick it up at no charge to me. The tire I replaced has more of a warranty then the OEM imagine that!