Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@NJEV-Don they are actual rims. And actually, the 19" Gemini covers are over top of actual rims, called Apollo. You can take off the covers and just use the rims if desired.

I knew there were rims underneath the Gemini wheels. I haven’t seen them other than in pictures but they look nice. I didn’t know they were called Apollo rims. Good to know if I need to replace them. I’ve already rashes 2 of them. Ugh. I heard you lose some range and efficiency taking the Aero covers off though I’m not sure how much. I just wasn’t sure if the Induction wheels were covers as well. They’re very sharp but I chose the Gemini to save $2000 and have a better ride and less flat tires driving in pothole filled NJ and NY. I do have wheel envy though. Thanks for responding.

I believe some unscientific testing suggested around a 7-8% reduction in range with the covers off. For day-to-day driving, unless you drive a lot, you'd probably be fine without them. You could always slap them back on for road trips. :)
Actually, I think it's more like a 4% range reduction without the covers at highway speeds, and less impact around town. This is critical to making good numbers on the testing for the EPA but obviously your priorities may be different.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung