Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19 inch Aftermarket Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to order a MY Long-Range AWD with the 19" Genesis wheels since I'm not a fan of the 20" induction. But I'd like to quickly replace them with a nice aftermarket set. Anyone know what wheels are available that are suitable (9.5" rims, +45mm offset). Anyone have pictures to share if they have gone down this path?

It's strange to me that the TPMS sensors don't come installed. Why would I buy tires on them if I need to head to the tire store anyway. I'm assuming it has something to do with the Y's sensors being different and not available aftermarket.
I was wondering exactly the same thing - in this case there is no advantage in buying a tire and wheel package with mounted tires, as for installing the TMPS you'll need to take the tires off and remount and balance them again. Unless there's a way around that, which seems unlikely to me.

I was wondering exactly the same thing - in this case there is no advantage in buying a tire and wheel package with mounted tires, as for installing the TMPS you'll need to take the tires off and remount and balance them again. Unless there's a way around that, which seems unlikely to me.
You can install a TPMS sensor without unmounting the tire from the rim, you just have to break the bead on one side, press the sidewall down and install the sensor. It's not a fun job, but it's not crazy difficult and it doesn't stress the bead like removing the tire from the rim does. Breaking the bead on low profile tires has to be done on a tire machine though, it's too tight to perform with a manual bead breaker. Of course, as you mentioned.. you will have to re-balance the tires again.

• Informative
Reactions: frankvb
IMHO these look so much better than the stock wheels. Thanks for posting. Any other options out there yet?

These Martian wheels are 19x8.5" and weigh 19.5 pounds with a 1000 kg load rating. They can be ordered with a 45 offset to match stock Y geometry. These are what I'm getting, I'm just mulling over the finish. I like the 8.5" rim; the rim will be a bit inside the tire for better protection from curb rash. https://martianwheels.com/collections/model-y/products/19-mw03-forged-wheels-tesla-model-3?variant=30144984154176Red Y Martian Wheels a.jpg

These Martian wheels are 19x8.5" and weigh 19.5 pounds with a 1000 kg load rating. They can be ordered with a 45 offset to match stock Y geometry. These are what I'm getting, I'm just mulling over the finish. I like the 8.5" rim; the rim will be a bit inside the tire for better protection from curb rash. https://martianwheels.com/collections/model-y/products/19-mw03-forged-wheels-tesla-model-3?variant=30144984154176View attachment 532635
That is one hot looking Tesla!

Just curious - what made you choose the 8.5" over the 9.5"?

I want the tire to stick a bit past the rim to prevent curb rash.

Those look like 20" or 21" with that sidewall?

That picture is from the Martian Wheels Facebook page, so I'm not sure on the size. They only have 18" and 19" wheels on their website... Might be 19" and lower profile tires.

I did photoshop the picture to turn the wheels gloss black. They were gray in the original. I wanted to see what the gloss black would look like on my red Y. I liked the look a lot, so that's what I ordered. It will be at least a month till I see the wheels. The 45 offset and the gloss black are both special order items. I wanted the 45 offset to match stock geometry, and to keep the tires in the stock location. The rims should be "sucked in" 1/2" more than stock, but the outer edge of the tire should match stock. This way I should be able to use chains without worry and not change factory alignment. (Of course, the 1.75" lift I'm installing will require an alignment...)

I want the tire to stick a bit past the rim to prevent curb rash.

That picture is from the Martian Wheels Facebook page, so I'm not sure on the size. They only have 18" and 19" wheels on their website... Might be 19" and lower profile tires.

I did photoshop the picture to turn the wheels gloss black. They were gray in the original. I wanted to see what the gloss black would look like on my red Y. I liked the look a lot, so that's what I ordered. It will be at least a month till I see the wheels. The 45 offset and the gloss black are both special order items. I wanted the 45 offset to match stock geometry, and to keep the tires in the stock location. The rims should be "sucked in" 1/2" more than stock, but the outer edge of the tire should match stock. This way I should be able to use chains without worry and not change factory alignment. (Of course, the 1.75" lift I'm installing will require an alignment...)

How much more for special order of 45 offset.

It wasn't extra. Just extra time. I just looked at their website, they now have 19s and 20s for the Y! 8.5" 35 Offset and 9.5" 45 offset on both. Very nice! Or you can special order the 8.5"s with the 45 offset. I talked to them the other day; the satin black is basically the same color as the stock 20" induction wheels. These are a hell of a deal for forged lightweight wheels with a 1000 kg load rating!

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
The wheels look pretty good, I looked on their web site and they now have a section for Model Y with 20" rims with the 45 offset. I do wish there were pictures of the wheels in satin black on a Model Y

It would be a tough decision between the Martian and the T Sportline. Its good to have options

Did someone say 19x9.5"?

deep-blue-metallic-tesla-model-y-performance-19-inch-tss-arachnid-style-wheels.jpg