Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19 Inch Sport Alloys and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for your email and for your patience whilst we have worked to respond to you at the earliest opportunity.

We are pleased to read that you are eager to move into your Model 3 and you can be assured that we are just eager to deliver your car! Vehicle assignment is prioritised based on the following factors: Reservation Date > Order Placed Date > Vehicle Configuration. In this instance, we have you ready to be assigned to a vehicle, however we do not yet have a vehicle available. This is because your configuration includes the 19" wheels that were only available for a limited amount of time and therefore have only been manufactured in a limited quantity. We are advising anyone with the 19" wheels included in their configuration that, if they wish to receive delivery of a vehicle at the earliest opportunity, they should either change their order to include the 18" aero wheels or to the performance variant of the Model 3, that includes the 20" performance wheels.

Again, it is in our best interest to deliver a vehicle to you as soon as possible. We trust that this context provides more of a perspective on your delivery timing and want to assure you that we will assign you to a vehicle in the coming weeks. If you do wish to modify for an earlier delivery, please do advise us of this and we can support that.

We look forward to introducing you to the Model 3!

Best wishes

Delivery GB Team

• Informative
Reactions: navt
I'd be wary. If they have or are rapidly running out of 19" wheels are they going to do another manufacturing run to satisfy those orders?

There is every chance you could be waiting a long time for them, particularly if they run out and aren't particularly inclined to make more of them any time soon.

The email is very non-commital when it comes to timelines for anyone who actually doesn't change their configuration.

Makes no sense whatsoever - still on sale stateside. It's not like they need to be homogolated for use in the U.K. I'm not upgrading to a Performance model I don't need. Besides, I saw a while M3 sitting in Bluewater Shopping Centre car park collecting dust with 19" wheels on, so not so rare.

What a load of baloney from Tesla UK yet again. They have NOT stopped manufacturing these wheels and there are plenty in the USA and also Europe. They should say they have stopped assembling RHD configurations with the 19" Sport wheels and so there are very few configurations available. Also, I was explicitly told back in May/June, in writing, that adding the 19" Sport wheels would not delay the delivery of my car. Worth the wait? Well, that depends on how long the wait is. I switched and got a car allocated pretty much straight away. There is still the option of aftermarket 19" wheels and also importing the Tesla 19" Sport wheels from the USA (or maybe even France). If anyone is still waiting but would like their car this year, they should switch. IMHO.

Mind you, they allocated me a car, told me to pay and go to collect today and the car wasn't there. Not only that but they pretended they couldn't find out where it was and this has nothing to do with the wheels! Unless they fell off!

Mind you, they allocated me a car, told me to pay and go to collect today and the car wasn't there. Not only that but they pretended they couldn't find out where it was and this has nothing to do with the wheels! Unless they fell off!

If they allocated the car to you so quickly is more than likely it was at a different service centre to your chosen location but obviously they didn't think about timeframe of the logistics of moving the car if they are even able to!

Hope you get it soon!

Agree it’s rubbish about only making the 19 in a limited number. They are on offer in the USA and always have been. I cannot understand why they cannot just put a batch of cars with 19” wheels on for the UK. Maybe they need to have EU regulation tyres on? maybe that is the problem if they cannot get enough of them? No idea if USA tyres have different specifications? I cannot think of any other reason for the delay.

The customer service has been terrible, as it’s been said why do they not contact each 19” order and give them an option months ago.

The difficulty is understanding the time frame.They can surely say:- No problem mate you can get your car in 20,30,40,50 days! They are a super tech company after all.Surely the wheels are just bolt on without need for any car adjustment.Clearly I must be missing something glaringly obvious...

The difficulty is understanding the time frame.They can surely say:- No problem mate you can get your car in 20,30,40,50 days! They are a super tech company after all.Surely the wheels are just bolt on without need for any car adjustment.Clearly I must be missing something glaringly obvious...

Saving money is why its not been done, they are putting staff to work in different areas and orders outside the US they can't be bothered with any advanced tracking. It would not surprise me if the wheels are magically shipped and then just bolted on in the UK just to get rid of the existing orders, I've no doubt they will be cleared by Nov :/

Stick a load of wheels in a container, ship to Zeb or UK, get tyres fitted, fit em to car. Change vin reg on database.
Cant be that hard to arrange....

RJ sorry to hear your dissapointing story.....

Reactions: RjbT3
Called deliveries GB team today.
Bloke earlier in week said plan for mid to end october for LR 19" (may order).
Today bloke said they have no 19" wheels but some have just arrived at Fremont meaning they can start making the cars to have 19" wheels.
If I wait and dont switch to P and get in the escalation queue, still looking at 2 months more to wait he said.

Will be switching to P tomorrow but the price of those just went up today! Grrrr

Anyone else waiting on 19" wheels switched spec via escallation and not had to put hand further in pocket vs the configuration price of the day?

If I wait and dont switch to P and get in the escalation queue, still looking at 2 months more to wait he said.

Will be switching to P tomorrow but the price of those just went up today! Grrrr

Anyone else waiting on 19" wheels switched spec via escallation and not had to put hand further in pocket vs the configuration price of the day?

This is where (I'd hope) a normal dealeship would be earning their comission rather than risk losing a sale.

Saving money is why its not been done, they are putting staff to work in different areas and orders outside the US they can't be bothered with any advanced tracking. It would not surprise me if the wheels are magically shipped and then just bolted on in the UK just to get rid of the existing orders, I've no doubt they will be cleared by Nov :/

Yes, ‘the outstanding 19” issue should be cleared by end Nov (2019!)’ is broadly what Delivery Team GB said to me today. There was enough awareness of the problem and detail behind their plans that I’d give it an odds on chance of happening.