Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19 Inch Sport Alloys and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed a reservation just before the big unveil of the model 3 approx 2-3 years ago.
I configured my car and submitted my design on the 11th May this year. At the time the estimate said June delivery (ha!!)
MSM SR+ with 19 Alloy Wheels.
Yes I know that 19 Alloy wheels are the sticking problem, no I don't want to change my order to those naff aero wheels.

Is anyone else like me who has been waiting months and months... does anyone have any fresh information.

I placed a reservation just before the big unveil of the model 3 approx 2-3 years ago.
I configured my car and submitted my design on the 11th May this year. At the time the estimate said June delivery (ha!!)
MSM SR+ with 19 Alloy Wheels.
Yes I know that 19 Alloy wheels are the sticking problem, no I don't want to change my order to those naff aero wheels.

Is anyone else like me who has been waiting months and months... does anyone have any fresh information.
Keep an eye on inventory.
New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

"there are plenty of 20" Performance cars that would buy your set of 18"s"

I thought that Tesla 18" wheels can't fit on the Performance because of the larger red brake calipers?

I had to buy some non OEM 18" wheels which do fit the M3 Performance to create a winter wheel setup for mine. These were part of a special deal on the Tesla Reservations group on Facebook.

I have great sympathy for anyone still waiting for an original order just because they wanted the 19" wheels which do look great.

I know this doesn't help anyone but why can't Tesla, who have taken a bunch of £ for upgraded 19" alloys out of customer pockets, just switch the orders with 19s to the performance 20s?
Wouldn't suit everyone but offering a downgrade to the aeros or paying to upgrade to a full-fat performance model doesn't actually incentivize anyone to make the change (lose perceived value or increase your cost to get something you didn't choose in the first place). Surely the 20s are the logical alternative (unless you have ride quality concerns of course).

Thanks for the responses.
to Navt's comment on Used Inventory... all the Used Model 3's in the UK are long range and I ordered SR+. Above my budget.
Also it needs to be a new car so as to allow me to purchase through my Ltd Company.

Model S 19" Slipstream Wheel and Winter Tire Package

Wonder how big the backlog has to get before becomes esupplying these conomically viable to them? Do they fit?

Equally, 19's avaliable to order in the US shop with winter tyres still! They should just ship and retro fit some for you all.

Would people have to have the Tesla 19's or would some quality equivalent 19's from somewhere else (Oz racing eg) be acceptable? Just thinking ideas.... Just to sort the problem, Tesla could offer to buy back some stock 18's and knock the price of the 19's off people's orders? They fit customer chosen 19's without sailing you with a set of wheels you don't want. They then have some stock 18s for warranty claims or to sell to people that ram curbs or want winter sets etc and some spare tyres which will absolutely be used in time.

Gets you guys cars sharpish, no one looses out beyond them doing some fitting and balancing of tyres and they eliminate a category of backlog.

Tada! Next stop world peace :)