Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19'' Sport Wheel with the performance red caliper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who bought the Performance with performance upgrade package and live in snowy areas, are you gonna get 19'' sport wheel for winter to keep the brake calipers on?

Tesla shop sells them for $3,500 19'' Sport Wheel for winter tire package, but I am not too sure if the brake calipers fit.

I searched the forum here but there doesn't seem to have a consensus whether it works or not.

So you are saying any 19'' wheel can fit the red brake?

I would think they would. But yes like mentioned no one knows if the Tesla 19s fit just yet.

If tesla 19s don’t fit I’m sure you can find another 19 inch wheel designed with more clearance in mind.

I don't think anyone knows the answer to that question yet. Somebody with a P3D with performance package should get together with someone who has 19s and try swapping one onto the front.

I thought it was the rear calipers that were the issue? At least that is what I heard when people tried to fit the 18s.

If you're buying them from Tesla that'll include install? If so the Service Centers should be on top of it. Just order there and it should be easier to make it clear the purchase is conditional on fitting over your P brakes......hehe I said pee breaks. :p

That kinda sucks for advanced planning I suppose, since I expect you won't be getting your set until.....Irvine, CA? Umm, when hell has frozen over and subsequent blizzards hit Orange County? :cool:

If you're buying them from Tesla that'll include install? If so the Service Centers should be on top of it. Just order there and it should be easier to make it clear the purchase is conditional on fitting over your P brakes......hehe I said pee breaks. :p

That kinda sucks for advanced planning I suppose, since I expect you won't be getting your set until.....Irvine, CA? Umm, when hell has frozen over and subsequent blizzards hit Orange County? :cool:

I knew someone would say mention that! :D

I am likely to move to east coast (MA, NJ, or NY) in couple years to expand my company there. I am planning to bring my Model 3 with me and whereas my S and X will stay in Southern California.

So it was a concern when someone said that 20'' wheels are poor in snow.

Reactions: ℬête Noire