Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Wheels for 2022 Model X refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 model X. Will Model Y gemini wheels fit? I'd love to go down to 19" wheels for efficiency...
I would say highly unlikely. The Model X is 50% heavier and needs a better footprint to get going. The fact that the wheel is smaller has little to do with efficiency. It is actually the tires you need to change out for efficiency, not the wheels. Take a look at the Hankook EV tires. https://www.hankooktire.com/us/en/tech-in-motion/ev-tires--advancement-achieved-through-testing.html

I’m almost 100% certain that 19” will fit base on my measurement. Plus if you go on T-Sportline or Unplugged Performance’s website they do sell 19” wheels for the X refresh.

I’ve been wanting to switch out my 20” for 19” ever since I got the car. Not for range but mostly for comfort and a different look. I don’t really care for the way the cyberstreams look.

The only problem I see is that it is extremely difficult to find a wheel with the appropriate load rating for the X. And when you do, they want an arm and a leg for it.

@F20C1, did you ever find and install 19" wheels?

(Or anyone else manage to do so?)

I found someone on FB Marketplace selling some and they couldn't fit them on their Plaid but thought they would fit on a non-plaid MX refresh.

@F20C1, did you ever find and install 19" wheels?

(Or anyone else manage to do so?)

I found someone on FB Marketplace selling some and they couldn't fit them on their Plaid but thought they would fit on a non-plaid MX refresh.
I can definitively say that 19” will not fit the Model X refresh long range or plaid. On paper they appears to work as it is basically the same suspension setup as the Model S and the S comes with 19” standard. However the front rotors is slightly bigger utilizing the same calibers.

I was at my local wheel shop trying out various size 19 hoping maybe some barrel is bigger then others buy none will clear the brakes.

I think switching to 20” square setup is better though as you can rotate them.

I was hoping too to be able to find a cheap set of 19” rims to fit dedicated winter tires for my soon to be delivered 2024 X LR - but sounds like only the TSportlines would fit? I have bent too many rims on potholes with my old Model S and am looking to get as much sidewall as possible.

I was hoping too to be able to find a cheap set of 19” rims to fit dedicated winter tires for my soon to be delivered 2024 X LR - but sounds like only the TSportlines would fit? I have bent too many rims on potholes with my old Model S and am looking to get as much sidewall as possible.

Why not buy the OEM 19s? I picked mine up with sensors and caps for $400