Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1k Refunds on FSD Start March 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing here either.

I've chatted with support twice to confirm:
a) I should be getting a refund
b) the refunds are being worked on
c) they were targeting end of April to complete the refunds
d) there was nothing I needed to do to get the ball rolling on this.

I pinged them by email today and a web support contact post. The email included details of the history of communication with Tesla with dates and chats (just to have a record because the web chats aren't saved anywhere)

I'd ordered my EAP on March 2nd (price change was announced on March 1st), but I was charged full $5300 CAD price. A few days after that the website was updated with $2600 for EAP. So I should be getting back $2700+tax.

I just got off chat... so SUPPOSEDLY my refund for $1089 was approved on 4/19 and processed on 4/23. I called AMEX and of course they are like... NOPE... nothing yet. So I get back on with Tesla and they say OH it takes 30 days for those to show up. Anyone ever hear of this???

I just got off chat... so SUPPOSEDLY my refund for $1089 was approved on 4/19 and processed on 4/23. I called AMEX and of course they are like... NOPE... nothing yet. So I get back on with Tesla and they say OH it takes 30 days for those to show up. Anyone ever hear of this???
I would just wait it out. Just make sure you have evidence of Tesla saying that in case they say anything otherwise later down the road.

Also, I'd also follow up once every week just to make sure that their tune doesn't change about the refund (e.g. "Oh we have no record of your refund." a week after)

Yeah, I feel like at this point customer service doesn't know what to say.

They just responded to my email saying that they will forward my request to the appropriate team once i provide my mailing address "in case they want to send a check."

I'll wait a couple more weeks and follow-up again.

Ok... I got a call from AMEX and they said Tesla never responded to my dispute. So they said I would get my money back. Then a few days ago my AMEX posted a MARCH 1 post from Tesla with the refund. I did call Tesla one last time about a week ago and was told my chargeback was approved but it would take 30 days... LOL So now I have no clue if I got the money because of Tesla or due to my dispute being upheld and refunded.

I spoke to Tesla Chat, they promised to elevate it. I got an email stated it they would get back to me 3-5 business days.

1 week later after I emailed asking for an update and got no reply.

Another week later I emailed again and they finally replied.

" We are reviewing your refund inquiry and it looks like my back system team is unable to find proof of purchase. If you could send over proof of purchase - credit card statement or bank statement - I can send that off to the finance team for further review."

How does Tesla not keep record of purchases??

That is not the case with Model 3. Only S & X.
I have done the upgrade on both our Model 3 & our Model S.
I have an Invoice option for my Model 3 (I don't own an X or S).

upload_2019-5-17_12-17-6.png

So, this is interesting. I had never seen an invoice or any type of receipt from my FSD purchase.

I paid exactly $3000. There was no tax, but I figured they weren't charging tax on software purchases in AZ or something. Well, I just saw the invoice and it claims that I still owe $234 because I didn't pay tax. Maybe that is why they still haven't refunded my $1k? Either way, I guess they still owe me at least $766. But maybe their accounting software can't refund my $1k since according to the invoice, I have not fully paid for it. I don't know, but it still amazes me that Tesla is able to run a business like this.

Still waiting here... bought FSD 03/01/19...

Last response from Tesla:

" Thank you for contacting Tesla. I apologize for the delayed response, and any inconvenience this may have caused. I'm sorry to hear you have not yet received your refund, please know the refund has been approved and is currently in the process of being sent to you. Please allow 12-15 business days to receive."

That was May 8.

I just got an email saying they've processed my refund along with some kind of statement from a company called Adyen that I guess is a payment company they use for credit card transactions. Slow process with little communication, but could have been worse. I contacted them once back in March and they said they were looking into it. Followed up once or twice since then with no real commitment from them. Then today got the refund on my credit card. For $2k I'm definitely happy to ride along for whatever we get out of the purchase.