Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1k Refunds on FSD Start March 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked my account today and ... surprisingly, they removed my signed ESA contract & the FSD invoice. So the only proof that I have right now is the email that said I bought the FSD lol.
My FSD invoice is still there for my Model S. I have collections in my Apple Books where I save all my PDFs. (So backup). My ESA was emailed to me. Wasn’t ever in my docs.

C1889D08-F7E0-4744-ACEE-EB1E2761DD1F.jpeg
I do have the invoice next to FSD. I think some later posts have screenshots.
Yes,
I have also confirmed in a previous post. Seems to be a recent change.

I finally got my $1,0000 + Tax refund credited back to my credit card!!!!
View attachment 413584

I'm not sure how everyone's having such luck in getting their refunds... I've even been connected to a Delivery Agent and he's been trying to reach out to the Tesla HQ to get updates, and literally has been no traction for over 1+ month. I've been trying to communicate to Tesla through various channels and emails with no traction on this... 88 days and counting...

Has anyone from Canada confirmed receiving a refund?

Last edited:
I'm not sure how everyone's having such luck in getting their refunds... I've even been connected to a Delivery Agent and he's been trying to reach out to the Tesla HQ to get updates, and literally has been no traction for over 1+ month. I've been trying to communicate to Tesla through various channels and emails with no traction on this... 88 days and counting...

I think Trevor was the very first refund!

I'm not from Canada, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting. I've contacted them by phone, chat, and email. The response is always "we are working on it"

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Still waiting for mine too. I reached out by email a few times now (I'm now sending the same email weekly) and once by phone. I've gotten as far as "I'll forward this to the appropriate department" and "please include your current mailing address so we can issue you a check". But nothing so far and no replies to the last 2 weekly emails, except for the auto response.

Still waiting for mine too. I reached out by email a few times now (I'm now sending the same email weekly) and once by phone. I've gotten as far as "I'll forward this to the appropriate department" and "please include your current mailing address so we can issue you a check". But nothing so far and no replies to the last 2 weekly emails, except for the auto response.
I might just go the charge back route... this is getting ridiculous..

Constant & repeated contacts via emails & phone calls.
I think the trick is to get someone on the phone, and then have them email you a confirmation that they are working on it.
And then you have a channel to communicate additional requests to get status as I did.
Eventually got this reply via email on 5/28 in response to my last request. It posted to my credit card account the next day.

Hello,
Refund processed today for $1087.00. This will be issued to your credit card. Please allow 10 business days.

After multiple conversations, they ended my request with this thing: "The $2,000 price offered for the purchase of Full Self Driving was offered only to customers who purchased their vehicle directly from Tesla and had Enhanced Autopilot prior to the announcement on 2/28."

After multiple conversations, they ended my request with this thing: "The $2,000 price offered for the purchase of Full Self Driving was offered only to customers who purchased their vehicle directly from Tesla and had Enhanced Autopilot prior to the announcement on 2/28."
I fit into that category. (Got my refund today)

• Informative
Reactions: r0xx0r
So I purchased FSD on 2/28/19 (according to the invoice) and it posted on my CC 3/1/19. Does this mean that I'm eligible for that refund? I haven't contacted Tesla, believing that they would do their due diligence and process the $1k refund that I and many others are owed. Based on the number of posts on this thread, I guess it wouldn't hurt to send Tesla an email asking about it?

So I purchased FSD on 2/28/19 (according to the invoice) and it posted on my CC 3/1/19. Does this mean that I'm eligible for that refund? I haven't contacted Tesla, believing that they would do their due diligence and process the $1k refund that I and many others are owed. Based on the number of posts on this thread, I guess it wouldn't hurt to send Tesla an email asking about it?
Definitely start a dialogue.