Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st generation model S : ask for service to verify AC condensate drain pipe recall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

first model S had a too short AC condensate pipe, water falled on the battery. Yeard after years this caused the battery to fail because of water that penetrate in the battery
There was a recall to remediate this problem with a longer pipe

To be sure that my car had been recalled, I asked a service for my 2013 P85+ to verify the pipe.
The tech was aware of this recall (what a chance this tech works at tesla since the beginning !!!) and told me that it is easy to check by looking under the car

So my advice is to ask the service to check this point (and presence of liquid in the speed sensor of the motor)

To my knowledge there was never an official NHTSA recall to address this issue (nor would there be as this isn’t a safety issue).

There may be a technical service bulletin (TSB), but those are internal documents for service centers to perform common tasks sometimes related to defects - not mandatory fixes.

Reactions: gaswalla
It’s an easy self-check. Remove the frunk and see if the extended hose is there/clipped in.

Attachments

• IMG_7914.png
    IMG_7914.png
    796.1 KB · Views: 130