Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 months waiting for SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order 11/21 and at that time the estimated delivery was 4 to 6 weeks. Now I'm over 8 weeks waiting and haven't received a vin yet.

From reading other's posts some are getting their M3s a lot faster. I wonder if Tesla is prioritizing LR and are not going by when you placed the order.

I placed my order 11/21 and at that time the estimated delivery was 4 to 6 weeks. Now I'm over 8 weeks waiting and haven't received a vin yet.

From reading other's posts some are getting their M3s a lot faster. I wonder if Tesla is prioritizing LR and are not going by when you placed the order.
What is the status of your order showing on tesla account page?

Since you didn't get one by the end of the year, it seems as if you may have ordeeeo something special.
Right now they are supposedly making cars for outside of NA. So you probably have lot longer to wait.
What's the estimated delivery?

What were your build options? I would be pretty upset. Sorry you are having to wait that long.

It just wants me to upload the insurance information but I don't have vin assigned so I can't get insurance on it. I talked to my rep and he said I have to wait for production to assign a vin and start building it.

Just upload proof of insurance on your current car. That's what I did. There is some thought out there that your order may not move forward if your profile isn't updated (ie registration info, insurance). Not sure how accurate that is but my delivery was scheduled with me having uploaded proof of insurance on my current car.

Just upload proof of insurance on your current car. That's what I did. There is some thought out there that your order may not move forward if your profile isn't updated (ie registration info, insurance). Not sure how accurate that is but my delivery was scheduled with me having uploaded proof of insurance on my current car.

Might as well try.

What were your build options? I would be pretty upset. Sorry you are having to wait that long.

Nothing special it's just the SR+ with red paint.

For what it’s worth we talked to our guy in Vancouver yesterday. As soon as we get back to B.C. in March we will order our LR AWD Red white and nine teens. He suggested with that combination to count on 10 to 12 weeks if we order mid March. Meh. First world problems.

For what it’s worth we talked to our guy in Vancouver yesterday. As soon as we get back to B.C. in March we will order our LR AWD Red white and nine teens. He suggested with that combination to count on 10 to 12 weeks if we order mid March. Meh. First world problems.

I can understand waiting that long if I ordered it now but I think I placed my order before the craze for the expiring credits. 1st world problems are the best problems.

Reactions: Webeevdrivers
So not to bust anyone’s bubble, but if you read the AWD waiting room as well, it seems like everyone got a text today. Maybe Tesla is trying to appease everyone? I hope the texts are accurate, but just seems weird that on the same day everyone gets a text about timing when we’ve heard nothing for weeks.

same here order on 12/29 and didn’t hear back anything until today they sent me text saying my car will be ready for pick up in 2 to 6 weeks. It s also weird that they asked me not to accept the loan until it s close to the delivery date however I already accepted It 4 days ago.