Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 year difference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a change in two years. From placing our order for a ‘21 SR+ and having to wait over 6 months to ordering an existing inventory blue RWD yesterday and picking it on Saturday (4 days later). Along with a hefty discount of about 6K including the $650 loyalty discount…what a change. Who would’ve figured that a two year newer car would be less. I love our 21 so much I was going to buy a used one, but for not that much more I figured it was a no brainer to go new.

Congrats but I wish I would have bought a 21(I have 23 LR), on a 23 you miss out on Ultra sonic sensors which mean even if you want you can’t get smart summon and summon along with some other limitations in FSD. The USB C inside the front cubby is power only no data, so can’t plug a usb for songs or light show or a gaming controller for that matter. I guess these are not useful for everyone but knowing that two year old models had some key features sucks. Of course it’s still better than those who bought it last year with same limitations and yet paid a higher price 😜

Reactions: zoomer0056
Congrats but I wish I would have bought a 21(I have 23 LR), on a 23 you miss out on Ultra sonic sensors which mean even if you want you can’t get smart summon and summon along with some other limitations in FSD. The USB C inside the front cubby is power only no data, so can’t plug a usb for songs or light show or a gaming controller for that matter. I guess these are not useful for everyone but knowing that two year old models had some key features sucks. Of course it’s still better than those who bought it last year with same limitations and yet paid a higher price 😜
Still loving my 21

Reactions: zoomer0056
Unfortunately, I think this will continue with fast battery technology advances and our cars will not be able to retain value. I hope I never would have to sell my car.

It is good for the EV market though and if we allowed cheaper EVs into the market, EV would have more momentums to replace ICEs. Unfortunately all my friends are convinced batteries will fail in a few years, so they are all sitting on the fence hoping to laugh at me. :D

Reactions: KevinT3141
Unfortunately, I think this will continue with fast battery technology advances and our cars will not be able to retain value. I hope I never would have to sell my car.

It is good for the EV market though and if we allowed cheaper EVs into the market, EV would have more momentums to replace ICEs. Unfortunately all my friends are convinced batteries will fail in a few years, so they are all sitting on the fence hoping to laugh at me. :D
That wont happen, 1st batch June 2018 Model3 owner, the battery still charges to 480km 100%, while it was 497km when I got it.

What difference in pick up locations. The first one (Kitchener) two years ago was anti-climatic. The vehicle sat in the roundabout and a service advisor met us outside. He basically gave us the paperwork and sign here and sent us on our way. Not before I said I want to inspect the car before I sign any paperwork. Not a huge deal, but I was expecting at least a bow on the car ha. Two years later, picking up our second at the Lawrence location, it was like walking into a circus. There were over 80 deliveries that day. All cars had our names on them and bows.…except mine! The vibe was hot and people were buzzing like mad! Very seamless operation.

As far as the delivery went, for an existing inventory car that was purchased on a Tuesday and picked up on the following Saturday, the car seemed immaculate. Other than a sticky passenger driver side door which they’re going to fix, I was pretty happy.

Changes I’ve noticed so far from our 21SR+ to our current one ‘23 RWD.
- different tires (Hankook vs Michelin)
- wiper spray nozzles (more!)
- heated steering and rear seats
- heated wipers
- speed of screen (faster processor)
- included front and rear floor mats! Total surprise
- no mobile charging cable (was aware)
- no fancy license plate holder

3 months of FSD is a pretty nice touch. Don’t think I’ll use it very much but I still neat to try out.

• Informative
Reactions: Lon12