Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 questions about SR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did "tesla say" that they will allow SRs to be updated to SR+ after purchase? Not a blog or a post by someone here, or someone in a store... but someone in an official capacity?

I havent seen that, but it sounds like you have. where was that? If someone wants a SR+ they should buy that. Even if its "just software" right now, I would expect it to cost more than the difference between the cars prices before purchase... especially given the autopilot pricing Q%$!Q$%%@ storm that just happened recently.

If it doesnt cost at least as much as the difference between the cars pre purchase, expect every tesla blog and website to pick up on that immediately and run with stories about how tesla is making the same mistake again regarding to pricing.

So, expect to either never be fully offered, or the total price to be more than the price difference between the two pre purchase. As I mentioned, I would also like to see where tesla "said that they will allow all SRs to be updated to SR+ since its software locked" in any sort of official capacity.

Tesla to start downgrading Model 3 Standard Range software within 10 days, will offer option to upgrade - Electrek

In May when I posted that, tesla had not made any announcement to such notice. They still have not given anyone a price on this. I would expect it to cost AT LEAST as much as it would have cost buying it with the car (so at least the difference in price between the SR and SR+)... likely more.

No inside knowledge on that, but if they DONT do that, tesla will have a mutiny on their hands from every SR+ owner who will complain (VERY LOUDLY) that they got "jipped".

• Disagree
Reactions: vickh and jrcase
Im not sure why I am getting the "disagrees" with my last post in this thread. Do you guys who clicked "disagree" really think that SR+ owners would not complain about SR owners getting something for less than they paid for it? I am not impacted by this at all (nor do I really care), but tesla owners in particular have shown repeatedly that they REALLY care about what "other people" paid for their options on their car, and that its VERY important that no one get a "better deal" than they did. Why, I dont know, but people here do that all the time.

The only qualifier I would add is, I dont expect that tesla would make it mandatory to buy autopilot to get the rest of the differences. So, whatever the difference is between the two cars, subtract the price of autopilot, and I would expect them to make that difference at a minimum the pricing.

I cant imagine how upset people who purchased SR+ would be if they found out that the "one feature" they purchased it for was going to be able to be bought "al la carte" by SR owners. It would look just like what happened with the FSD upgrade pricing for a couple of weeks here.

I just purchased my SR in June using the online system to purchase the SR+, then my sales rep downgraded it to the SR at my request.

The price difference was $4500, so I'm assuming that if at a later time I wish to upgrade to the SR+, I would have to pay at least $4500.

Here's my order agreement before the downgrade, so you can see the Plus portion is an added $4500.

Attachments

• M3-SRPlusOrder.JPG
    M3-SRPlusOrder.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 65
I just purchased my SR in June using the online system to purchase the SR+, then my sales rep downgraded it to the SR at my request.

The price difference was $4500, so I'm assuming that if at a later time I wish to upgrade to the SR+, I would have to pay at least $4500.

Here's my order agreement before the downgrade, so you can see the Plus portion is an added $4500.

There has been a ~$990 price drop on the SR+ since then though, so one would hope the upgrade cost would fall in line more with the new prices...

Reactions: vickh