Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Red X's delivered to Costa Mesa today!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the Video. I ordered the Sig red and have been looking for a good post to ease my jitters about the color. Agree that the 22 wheels look awesome but had to go with 20's for range, ride and my bad driving (can't blame it all on the wife)!

My biggest regret with this car is that I didn't plunk down the scratch for a signature reservation, and it's because of how good signature red looked when I saw it at the launch event. When I decided on the much cheaper production reservation, I thought "why should I tie up all that money for a few years just to have the option of an exclusive color?" I was dead wrong. Signature Red is, IMO, such a great color that it's worth it. All of my next tesla cars (model 3 and new roadster) will be signature reservations because of it. You will not be unhappy with sig red if you are considering it. I even called tesla after the launch event to try to upgrade to a signature res just because of the color. It's special. If I could trade with you, I would.. :)

My biggest regret with this car is that I didn't plunk down the scratch for a signature reservation, and it's because of how good signature red looked when I saw it at the launch event. When I decided on the much cheaper production reservation, I thought "why should I tie up all that money for a few years just to have the option of an exclusive color?" I was dead wrong. Signature Red is, IMO, such a great color that it's worth it. All of my next tesla cars (model 3 and new roadster) will be signature reservations because of it. You will not be unhappy with sig red if you are considering it. I even called tesla after the launch event to try to upgrade to a signature res just because of the color. It's special. If I could trade with you, I would.. :)
And this is what we call a #0thWorldProblem
The ratio of the population able to just park $40k interest free for a few years and then be forced into a maxed out top of the line model is so small that "minuscule" doesn't come close to capturing it. Congrats to you, good problem to have.

Ugh... Hate that I even have to write a post defending posting in the first placer, but that's life on the internet, I guess....

Anyway, Gzrgmr stated in his post that he was looking for a "good post to ease his jitters" about ordering signature red. My post was only intended to assuage his jitters.

Also, you're not entirely correct about the $40K loan being interest-free. There was no promised, stated, or guaranteed return on that signature reservation fee. That is why I didn't do it. However, in retrospect, if you buy a fully loaded Sig, it is approx $6700 cheaper than a fully loaded production X. And THAT is why I wish I had plunked down the $40K: for the special color, the signature badging (which increases resale value), and a $6700 discount on the car I ended up buying anyway.

And I don't view it as being "forced into a maxed out top of the line model". I was happily going to buy that anyway.

And now back on topic: Mark Templeton in a post on the Tesla website said that a few X's were delivered last Friday. Things are heating up!

Bobbykansara You don't need to defend yourself. 90% of the posts on this forum are #0thworldproblems it was a stunning red and worthy of your guilt. Why don't you find a vinyl that matches and wrap yours? No not as cool as the Sig insignia but could still enjoy the color for a lot less money.

Ugh... Hate that I even have to write a post defending posting in the first placer, but that's life on the internet, I guess....
I'm sorry - didn't want to make you feel bad. Sometimes it's certain phrases that just catch my attention. The casualness with which people talk about spending amounts of money that exceed median household net annual income... in order to get a different color on your car.
This wasn't supposed to come across as accusation (or an expression of envy). I guess I failed.
Apologies.

I am thankful for those who take photos and videos of the Model X vehicles. With my P90DL VIN in the teens, the pictured Signature Red X looks a lot like my choices. Even the six seat choice and Black Alcantara Headliner appears through the front window. It is difficult to tell if the seats are tan or the dash is Figured Ash Wood. A tow package under the car might be visible in the final video view.

With local delivery planned in SoCal before the end of the year, it is exciting to see the progress towards delivery day after a long 46 month wait.

Last edited: