Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” Performance wheels - center cap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OEM Performance 20” wheels with new center cap and black lug nut covers. My emblems on the car are now red, so the black and red center caps made sense.

Attachments

• M3P_after_sm.jpg
    M3P_after_sm.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 841
Daft question time - how does the stock centre cap come off? Is it just tug and hope?

There are different ways to remove it. If you look closely, you will see a small hole in the center area. You can use a hubcap removal tool to yank on it from there. However, I think what works best is to simply get 3-4 fingers (yes, you will need to stretch your hand) behind the "arms" of the cap and give a quick pull (equal tension on all "arms"). It should pop off. Note that if you just try and pull one "arm" it could break, so make sure to try and distribute the force by using multiple fingers.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
There are different ways to remove it. If you look closely, you will see a small hole in the center area. You can use a hubcap removal tool to yank on it from there. However, I think what works best is to simply get 3-4 fingers (yes, you will need to stretch your hand) behind the "arms" of the cap and give a quick pull (equal tension on all "arms"). It should pop off. Note that if you just try and pull one "arm" it could break, so make sure to try and distribute the force by using multiple fingers.
Thanks TypeRX

Reactions: I<3URANUS
I ordered some dark gray caps and lugnut covers as well. Will toss them on this weekend. Oh I also bought some black vinyl stickers for the Tesla logos since the rest of the car has chrome delete. Wasn’t sure if I wanted black or red but can always swap over if needed in the future

Did you get the OEM Tesla caps? I wonder why they are not sitting flush. Can you pop them back off without removing the wheel? I agree they look better! Next time make sure to align the "Tesla point" with your valve stem! :D

I bought some generic caps on eBay...they came today but I am not going to pop them in until this weekend. I have black lug caps rather than replacement lugnuts. The color of the caps (like yours) is a tad lighter than the wheels.

Last edited:
Did you get the OEM Tesla caps? I wonder why they are not sitting flush. Can you pop them back off without removing the wheel? I agree they look better! Next time make sure to align the "Tesla point" with your valve stem! :D

I bought some generic caps on eBay...they came today but I am not going to pop them in until this weekend. The color (like yours) is a tad lighter than the wheels.
Yep they are oem ones. Not sure if I can pop them off now. Also there’s no way the lug nuts were tightened to 129lbs. from the factory. Maybe 100 at most.