Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” Uberturbines on LR RWD Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. Pardon my lack ignorance as I’m not as well versed in this particular area. I bought some 20” Uberturbines with the Pirelli P-Zero tires that came with the M3P off someone. I took them straight to Discount Tire to have them installed on my M3 LR RWD, but they refused to install them saying that the tires were not compatible with my vehicle due to the load index on the Pirellis being rated for 92 and I need at least an 98.

They told me I needed to purchase a new set of tires for them to be able to install them but my understanding was that these existing tires/wheels should have been just fine. Am I being upselled to buy new tires or is it really unsafe to run these tires? Thanks!

Go to a different tire shop. Some of them are familiar with tires and cars and stuff.

Your door jamb has a label showing 2771lb for the max allowable weight on the rear axle (1386 lbs/tire) which therefore requires a load index of 92 or higher.

tesla-model-3-2018-5yj3e1ebxjf127789-img9.jpg

Reactions: quasimoto