Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20 hours to go and delivery postponed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was due to collect at West Drayton tomorrow. Disappointingly just received a phone call to inform me that the car is stuck in Southampton! Offered collection the following morning Friday instead. Cant see that much of a cleaning or inspection or charging job can be done by then. They clearly think we all need multiple disappointments!

Cant see that much of a cleaning or inspection or charging job can be done by then

Mine was taken off the transporter 30 minutes before I got there, and just given a wash. I don't think that is all that uncommon ... and hand-over-guy said failures are very rare (not the same as you finding something minor that would be sorted out at a scheduled service, as distinct from rejecting it)

Reactions: roadcred
Oh dear. I’m also due to collect at West Drayton tomorrow. Had you already received your car registration number?
Me too! I got my reg by text today but I rang then on Tuesday and they gave it too me...if you are there at 1400 I'll see you there!

Sorry for the issues roadcred....annoying Southampton would be better for me if I could pick up from there! Alas no

Reactions: freekie
Had you already received your car registration number?

Day before I think. That was then though, so should be a bit more organised now, but given how many they are handing over may not be much warning.

Insurance companies understand that new car plates are assigned shortly before hand over, and not on regular databases, so they should b happy with "short notice" (and should be happy to insure the VIN rather than the Plate as that is actually the car's mark and not easily changed, unlike the plate!)