TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

20 hours to go and delivery postponed

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by roadcred, Sep 25, 2019.

1. roadcred

roadcred Member

I was due to collect at West Drayton tomorrow. Disappointingly just received a phone call to inform me that the car is stuck in Southampton! Offered collection the following morning Friday instead. Cant see that much of a cleaning or inspection or charging job can be done by then. They clearly think we all need multiple disappointments!

2. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

Mine was taken off the transporter 30 minutes before I got there, and just given a wash. I don't think that is all that uncommon ... and hand-over-guy said failures are very rare (not the same as you finding something minor that would be sorted out at a scheduled service, as distinct from rejecting it)

• Like x 1
  3. freekie

freekie Member

Oh dear. I’m also due to collect at West Drayton tomorrow. Had you already received your car registration number?

4. Epico

Epico Member

Me too! I got my reg by text today but I rang then on Tuesday and they gave it too me...if you are there at 1400 I'll see you there!

Sorry for the issues roadcred....annoying Southampton would be better for me if I could pick up from there! Alas no

• Like x 1
  5. freekie

freekie Member

I’m at 1100 epico. Hope it goes well for you.

6. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

Day before I think. That was then though, so should be a bit more organised now, but given how many they are handing over may not be much warning.

Insurance companies understand that new car plates are assigned shortly before hand over, and not on regular databases, so they should b happy with "short notice" (and should be happy to insure the VIN rather than the Plate as that is actually the car's mark and not easily changed, unlike the plate!)