Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" Model X Slipstream Wheels on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great information on this thread. Currently I have 19 inch slipstreams on my MS, with 25mm spacers on rear and 15mm on front.

Question- is it worth updating to a 20” slipstream MX wheel? Not sure if it will be noticeable vs my 19 MS slipstreams.

**pictures before wheel spacers
It's all personal preference really. To me it's worth it, that's why I did that "upgrade".

Here's my car with the 20inch MX slipstreams (I had a tire blowout here, but the pics clearly show what the wheels looked Iike)
PXL_20231012_202732302.jpg
PXL_20231012_195342864.jpg
PXL_20231012_195338815.jpg

worth it is subjective on what you want to achieve. 19" probably is lighter more efficient. to me the 19" wheel is just looks too small for this large of a car. I prefer a 20" over something larger like a 21". I like having 2 sets of wheels since I have to deal with snow and mag chloride in the winter. You wont need to run a spacer anymore since the offset should be more flush w/o them. Do you want to try to spend time sourcing naked wheels and buying tires? or buying a set and selling the MX spec tires and buying new tires? refinishing wheels to desired color/condition. list goes on and on. Up to you what's worth it to your budget.

Reactions: BigDeep
@BigDeep yes it’s been great. I liked using the staggered model X rims so much this summer that I’m now thinking of building a square set of all 4 model x “fronts”. Let’s talk if you’re interested in buying my staggered set of 2018 model X rims…but I would like to keep my Baolong gen 1 sensors because they were hard AF to track down a used set of.

Hey, folks. Please help. I picked up a set of four front model X wheels and put Bridgestones on them. 245/40/20. I didn’t want to have a staggered set. But there is pretty decent gap between the lip of the rims and the sidewalls. Obviously a wider tire would be more ideal but this size is the best for matching the overall diameter, and it seems like many people put this size on with no issue. I’m not sure if it’s because the Bridgestone are not quite as wide or the angle of the sidewall is not similar to other tires. At this point, I bought these tires at Costco and they are willing to let me exchange them for Michelins, but they don’t carry any other brands. Has anyone put Michelin Primacy or Pilot Sport AS4 tires on in this size? I attached a pic. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2387.jpeg
    IMG_2387.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 4
@ViperGTS I think that’s normal. I plan on doing what you are doing/did (with that square setup) & exact same size tires.
The guy from Holland @PTMM is the OG & showed everyone that on this thread’s earlier pages about this a few years ago.
Let me know how that works for you but I think it should be fine?
I use that size on my fronts right now, (btw I have Kumho Ecsta’s) I just put them on for the summer…I’ve never had an issue.

Last edited:
Hey, folks. Please help. I picked up a set of four front model X wheels and put Bridgestones on them. 245/40/20. I didn’t want to have a staggered set. But there is pretty decent gap between the lip of the rims and the sidewalls. Obviously a wider tire would be more ideal but this size is the best for matching the overall diameter, and it seems like many people put this size on with no issue. I’m not sure if it’s because the Bridgestone are not quite as wide or the angle of the sidewall is not similar to other tires. At this point, I bought these tires at Costco and they are willing to let me exchange them for Michelins, but they don’t carry any other brands. Has anyone put Michelin Primacy or Pilot Sport AS4 tires on in this size? I attached a pic. Thanks.
Sizing varies from each manufacturer as it's not standardized. I have a set of Nittos on my Mustang that measure well wider than the exact same tire from Falken.
I haven't double checked the specs of your tires to verify, but I wouldn't be surprised if yours just run narrow.