Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just added my info.

tccartier and I were talking and can someone shed some light on the differences on the interiors for the Signature Model S's?

My interior on a P85 is white leather with alcantara.

View attachment 240196

Looks like tcartier's 85 has perforated white leather but no alcantara.

View attachment 240197

I thought signature white interiors were all the same, but is mine a White Performance Interior? I see some gray piping on my seats, too.

Seems that's the deal. The Sig. Performance interior gets alcantara inserts with piping, and the Standard Sig. gets perforated surfaces ??
Perhaps some more Sig owners out there can chime in?

Seems that's the deal. The Sig. Performance interior gets alcantara inserts with piping, and the Standard Sig. gets perforated surfaces ??
Perhaps some more Sig owners out there can chime in?

My P85 has the black seats with red piping, alcantara is not on the dash, but white alcantara head liners. No badging at the time of delivery ( never did get it, so "stealth mode") declined the carbon fiber rear spoiler in favor of early delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: tccartier
Ahh, can't believe it was nearly 5 years ago Sig cars slowly trickled out of Fremont. I was on the Sig waiting list, and almost bought one of the last few spots but someone beat me to it. In the end, didn't matter too much as I wanted the Blue color. Sigs only had a limited subset of the available colors to choose from and blue was not available.

My glossy carbon fiber spoiler started getting cracks in the finish and was replaced with a matte version (under warranty). The Performance cars (Sig and non-sig) got alcantara and leather seats with contrast piping, all with tan alcantara headliners. Black headliners were not an option back then.

Well.... Tomorrow @ 10:00 am. I'm going to pick up my CPO Signature S85 Vin # 162 and take it to it's 2nd home. The wait has been excruciating!! it has been eight weeks from deposit to delivery. The car is basically paid for and I've yet to see it, sit in it, drive it. The communication "pre deposit" was great, After I made the deposit the experience was abysmal "at best" not sure I would go through their CPO buying process again without significant improvement in communications and transparency of information about the Tesla I would be buying. Then with only a few short days till delivery my phone and email "blew up" with communication from Tesla seemingly pushing to close the deal "mind you at the time I STILL had not seen the car in person" or been provided any photographs of the actual car, only canned stock images from their website.

Thanks again to @shrink and @Don TLR who have been boots on the ground "if you will" to get me the only REAL information I have about the car.

While I am fairly certain that the car will be at least as good or better than expectations, I have no such praise for the road travelled to get here. I sincerely hope that the "after sale" service experience is better than the buying process!!!

Pictures of delivery coming tomorrow!! We'll see how THAT experience goes.... "Hold my Beer and watch this" lol!!

Hoping you're full of smiles when you pick it up!!!!

The world renowned "Tesla Grin" lol!! I'm sure I'll have lots of those. But the days of Tesla's basically "selling themselves" are numbered as legacy auto makers with deep pockets begin to populate the space with competitive alternatives as the market matures. They'll need to seriously improve their CPO process once they are not the only game in town.

** Side note Aren't you going to pick up your S this week as well?

There was also an owner who posted I think earlier in this thread that he has a Sig Red with parking sensors, power folding mirrors, and P85+ conversion.

Such upgrades used to be available back in the day. I bet it's a lot more difficult (and expensive) now.

The original owner of my #272 added aftermarket non-Tesla parking sensors and blind spot monitoring. In addition, Tesla used his (now my) car as a test to see if folding mirrors could be added later. (Yes they can!) Very lucky to find a Signature MS which now looks like a much newer model. :cool:

Reactions: BoerumHill
Delivery Day Aug. 23rd. Eight weeks to the day from deposit to drive off the lot!
Delivery.jpg
Delivery1.jpg

Looks great!!! Where was that charge on the way home?

I was at the Holiday Inn Express in Globe they've got two destination Chargers here which as I found out are free to use (without being a guest) if you're a member of the Holiday Inn Express some such thing?? don't know. I guess I was automatically enrolled because I have an American Express card.

They're only 40 amp but it sure is a nice to have between Safford and Phoenix because I can't make it from Safford to Phoenix and back without charging somewhere.

Any word on your delivery? Or have you gotten your car already?