Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Tesla S Body Upgrade to Facelift Style. New Project Process...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I still get software updates, I just didnt install most recent ones yet, because I have Tire Pressure Service message on the screen and Airbag light is still on, even thou I replaced all airbags, buckles and SRS unit. Once it is all figured out, I will install most current update on it.

Yes I still get software updates, I just didnt install most recent ones yet, because I have Tire Pressure Service message on the screen and Airbag light is still on, even thou I replaced all airbags, buckles and SRS unit. Once it is all figured out, I will install most current update on it.
You have to program the SRS module if you replace it. Chances are, you bought one that also had deployed airbags. If you still have your old one, you can wipe the crash data for $100 and just reinstall it.

Yep, Thats the same car. Check out some picture posted earlier where it was not painted yet. Later I will add few pictures of my Latch modification, because old and new body-style have many different parts, including latch mechanism and wire harness. I left all original locks and electronics, modified hood striker and latch brackets.

Great job and welcome to the small club of owners who’ve done the facelift with Tesla OEM parts. You didn’t post a side view but it looks like you installed the facelift hood, so you didn’t have that underbite gap to worry about? What did you do about the frunk and the hood seals? If I’m right you and I are the only owners with the OEM facelift hood/bumper and the original frunk.

Congratulations ! This is really great.

Eager to hear more details about your "modified hood striker and latch brackets." Did you need to make any other mods to make the newer hood fit ?

Also, can you post a picture of how the frunk / bumper area looks with the hood open ?

Curious about how well it all seals.

Congrats again on an Awesome rebuild !

You have to program the SRS module if you replace it. Chances are, you bought one that also had deployed airbags. If you still have your old one, you can wipe the crash data for $100 and just reinstall it.
I did sent my SRS for crash data remove. It was the same company that did it for me before, so I hope they did everything right.

Great job and welcome to the small club of owners who’ve done the facelift with Tesla OEM parts. You didn’t post a side view but it looks like you installed the facelift hood, so you didn’t have that underbite gap to worry about? What did you do about the frunk and the hood seals? If I’m right you and I are the only owners with the OEM facelift hood/bumper and the original frunk.
I will post few more pictures and will show what I had to do. Still kinda creepy looking, not fully done but fully operated. Have to finish few more things and should be all good.

Did you send in the SRS unit for wiping the crash data?
I did sent my SRS for crash data remove. It was the same company that did it for me before, so I hope they did everything right.

I will post few more pictures and will show what I had to do. Still kinda creepy looking, not fully done but fully operated. Have to finish few more things and should be all good.
What company did it for you? MyAirBags on eBay? If it was them, they don't know how to do it. They reset it on my first car and my light was still on. Diagnosed everything and couldn't get to the bottom of it. I then sent the module to someone else and they reset it properly and the light went away.

What company did it for you? MyAirBags on eBay? If it was them, they don't know how to do it. They reset it on my first car and my light was still on. Diagnosed everything and couldn't get to the bottom of it. I then sent the module to someone else and they reset it properly and the light went away.
Yep, thats them. They reset my other teslas SRS with no problems. I get error GTW_w218_airbagindicator.

Yep, thats them. They reset my other teslas SRS with no problems. I get error GTW_w218_airbagindicator.

That's just the generic error code that the airbag light is on. You have to actually scan the SRS system to see the actual problem. Most likely, they reset it incorrectly. Have you checked all of your plugs to make sure everything is plugged in all the way?

That's just the generic error code that the airbag light is on. You have to actually scan the SRS system to see the actual problem. Most likely, they reset it incorrectly. Have you checked all of your plugs to make sure everything is plugged in all the way?
How do I scan it ???? This was I saw on the screen in Dia Mode. I didnt check all the plugs yet. I was gonna do it thou. Just in case, because all airbags were replaced in bodyshop, not me.