Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S bricked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few evenings ago I was going to dinner with my son. He pressed the passenger-side handle and the handles popped out. Then the car went dark and became completely unresponsive. The handles are still out. I replaced the batteries in both my fobs to no avail. The mobile app hangs at "waking up". The car had about 90 miles of range left, so that shouldn't be the cause. Fortunately it's in my garage.

I cannot interact with the car in any way, so I can't try charging it (port will not open). In fact, I can't get into the car to get stuff out.

Is there anything I can do other than have it towed to a service center?

This one big disadvantage of being required to use the application to schedule service. If the car won’t wake up, you can’t use the app. You have to call the service number and use the stranded on road menu or use the check on status of car menu to actually get a human.

But I agree, it’s probably the 12v battery.

I own two Model S’s. When the tegra board went bad on my 2014 MS, the app on my I phone would only let me schedule service for the 2019 MS, which I did, then changed to the other when service contacted me.

Perhaps it’s different with IOS.

Interesting! That was exactly my situation, Tegra board died and app could no longer connect. But I still used the app to schedule service!

But I only have one car. Maybe if there is another, it will switch to that and doesn't let you select the other one?