Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 2023 Model Y bricked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To make matters worse, Tesla is demanding that I negotiate with their towing vendor to fix the damaged paint from the glass blowing out and have the drivers side door adjusted by a body shop (this is the door that the window blew out since it was ajar during the drive and the wind pressure blew it out. This side had no power). I should not be negotiating with their vendor. This is absurd.
I would ask to have the Regional Manager contact you ASAP as this should NOT be on your plate.

Tesla's vendor, and a warranty failure, resulted in your car's damage. The window needed to be kept away from the top of the door frame or this was an expected outcome. And, frankly, it takes a LOT of effort break that two-layer front door glass . . . .

The RIGHT thing to do here is for TESLA to make it right, not give you a To Do List to make it right.

Crazy, but now typical Tesla "Customer Service" I'm afraid.

Reactions: unhyphy and KaBerg
UPDATE: I spoke with the Tesla repair shop. I asked why there was no alert about the body control module failing. I asked if the body control module failed while driving, would I have lost power? He said I would have received a “reduce power alert”. Is this true?

UPDATE: I spoke with the Tesla repair shop. I asked why there was no alert about the body control module failing. I asked if the body control module failed while driving, would I have lost power? He said I would have received a “reduce power alert”. Is this true?
Sometime things just fail without previous warning signs.

No one can’t predict what would have happened if it failed while driving because it didn’t. Usually if there’s some major failure while driving it will scream at you to pull over immediately.

Reactions: KaBerg
The tow truck company had to bungie cord the doors / strap the exterior to prevent the driver side door from flinging open. Unfortunately, the window blew out on the drive to the Tesla repair shop.
They never should have towed it backwards when the door couldn't be closed. They should have turned it around so that they could tow it forwards so that wind wouldn't try to blow the door open.

Final update: The sequence of events from a right side body control module failing has been ridiculous. Since the driver side window was powerless, the door had to remain ajar during the tow to the tesla shop. In addition to the window blowing out due to the wind pressure (lessons learned - cover the opening with a heavy duty sticky film to prevent wind from entering the car) the driver‘s side door also got bent and needs to be replaced. Other than a 3D modeling to understand the physical effects of why the door bent and the double laminated glass blowing out, I have no idea why these events happened.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Other than a 3D modeling to understand the physical effects of why the door bent and the double laminated glass blowing out, I have no idea why these events happened.
It happened because it was towed backwards with the door ajar. (I'm sure the speed the tow truck was going contributed as well.) If the tow truck driver had loaded the car facing forward that wouldn't have happened.

It happened because it was towed backwards with the door ajar. (I'm sure the speed the tow truck was going contributed as well.) If the tow truck driver had loaded the car facing forward that wouldn't have happened.
Yeah this is the major ****up here. Towing company should be paying for the damage 100%.

Further lowers my already rock-bottom impression of towing operators. People, don't assume random shitty operators have a clue what they are doing.

Final update: The sequence of events from a right side body control module failing has been ridiculous. Since the driver side window was powerless, the door had to remain ajar during the tow to the tesla shop. In addition to the window blowing out due to the wind pressure (lessons learned - cover the opening with a heavy duty sticky film to prevent wind from entering the car) the driver‘s side door also got bent and needs to be replaced. Other than a 3D modeling to understand the physical effects of why the door bent and the double laminated glass blowing out, I have no idea why these events happened.
Really hope you get proper resolution from Tesla. This is really frustrating to hear and you deserve better- we all do as owners.
Thank you for relaying the process, it's often more informative to read these terrible experiences than anything else.

Hope you will update again, once you get back on the road or whatever you decide to do.

Reactions: Zythryn
. . . at 50+ mph probably
Yeah, and you didn't have AAA or some random operator tow it - Tesla arranged the tow with their supposedly certified and authorized tow company. Who they paid - not you. They're the one with the contractual relationship with the tow company and the responsibility to recover for damages; from your point of view, you called Tesla, and they damaged your car. Trying to make you negotiate with the tow operator is outrageous (and would violate consumer protection laws in many states, I suspect).

Thank you. I had no warning it was failing. It happened just when I parked the car. Can this failure happen while driving?
Happened to me twice while driving and its a huge safety concern, I have logged an incident with NHSTA. I don't trust the quality of cars being built by Tesla