Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S Windshield Delamination Issue. Should It Be Covered Under Warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2013 has a delamination issue with the front windshield. I have been reading that certain SC’s have been replacing them under warranty. Should this be happening to a windshield on a 107k car? This might be a potential safety issue if it cracks from the heat. I made a service appointment through the app and included pictures and an explanation. I also asked for a call back. Pics attached. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 942CFD63-68E1-456A-9729-61F3611D0BB4.jpeg
    942CFD63-68E1-456A-9729-61F3611D0BB4.jpeg
    504.8 KB · Views: 1,347
  • 3E3055EB-2A29-4637-BF04-F8F8B36820B1.jpeg
    3E3055EB-2A29-4637-BF04-F8F8B36820B1.jpeg
    655.8 KB · Views: 409
I wouldn’t think windshield would be covered. Only battery and motors are possibly under warranty. Even if it was in the covered period I don’t know if windshield would be covered.

After putting in the service ticket they will give you estimate. If it’s possibly covered for say recall it would state zero. If it’s not it’s up to you to push it or pay it. Given it’s age the windshield has a reasonable life on it. ESP as one of the first cars Tesla ever made.

I wouldn’t think windshield would be covered. Only battery and motors are possibly under warranty. Even if it was in the covered period I don’t know if windshield would be covered.

After putting in the service ticket they will give you estimate. If it’s possibly covered for say recall it would state zero. If it’s not it’s up to you to push it or pay it. Given it’s age the windshield has a reasonable life on it. ESP as one of the first cars Tesla ever made.

my delaminated windshield was replaced, but i was under warranty. I also got them to give me a refund to replace the tint on my front windshield

I have the same issue with my 2013 MS with the windshield and also the rear tailgate glass is delaminating just like the windshield.

Please post how you make out with Tesla on this issue so others in our position and myself have an idea how to proceed.

Escalate the issue if you must as I have found it has a high rate of success FYI

My SC covered my windshield and it wasn't nearly as bad as yours. But mine was still under warranty. If you're not under warranty then you're looking at like $1200 for them to replace something that still works. Just drive around behind a gravel truck for a bit then get insurance to get a new one...