Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 P85 frustration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased my Model S P85 used from a dealer about a year ago. I love my vehicle but about 3 weeks ago. Systems completely turn off and the message was that the HV battery needed to be serviced. Ever since my P85 has been towed to my service center, I’ve gotten this spiel that they are waiting on a new battery. The HV hasn’t been in stock this long? It’s on “back-order”. I really miss my car They’ve offered me a tesla loaner, but it isn’t mine and I’m so sick of this runaround. Anyone else have a major issue with the HV battery (or another major part) and had such woes?

If you’ve read this forum much, you would know Tesla is sometimes very slow with parts. Some people have been given “loaner batteries” while waiting for a new one. You could inquire about that possibility. The other option is to take the Tesla loaner and run the wheels off it while yours sits safe at the dealer not accruing miles.

I have heard of folks waiting long times for main pack repairs, it is unfortunate.

The other option is to take the Tesla loaner and run the wheels off it while yours sits safe at the dealer not accruing miles.

The only thing I worry about with having a loaner for a long time, is insurance. Depending on the state and your insurance policy, you may or may not have full coverage on the loaner car. So if you get into even a fender bender with it, you might be on the hook for the repairs.

I have heard of folks waiting long times for main pack repairs, it is unfortunate.

The only thing I worry about with having a loaner for a long time, is insurance. Depending on the state and your insurance policy, you may or may not have full coverage on the loaner car. So if you get into even a fender bender with it, you might be on the hook for the repairs.

True. It would be a good idea to contact your insurer and check with them. Every state can be different. I’m told in PA that typically insurance follows the car, but if I’m driving a car that’s under insured, mine kicks in as well. I also carry an umbrella policy.

Reactions: Az_Rael