Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014/15 Tesla P85D+ for sale (22K miles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The warranty will expire in Dec of 18 and to purchase an extended warranty is $4700. With the plus suspension you will want the warranty so that's an FYI to anyone buying this car. with the high asking price and not much warranty I am out.

The warranty will expire in Dec of 18 and to purchase an extended warranty is $4700. With the plus suspension you will want the warranty so that's an FYI to anyone buying this car. with the high asking price and not much warranty I am out.

OP says above that he is the second owner - in doing your diligence, buyers need to check chain of ownership - if it passed through a dealer or other non-individual, Tesla won't sell you an extended service agreement.

OP says above that he is the second owner - in doing your diligence, buyers need to check chain of ownership - if it passed through a dealer or other non-individual, Tesla won't sell you an extended service agreement.

Not true, I did my diligence. Dealerships cannot buy warranties but any owner can just as long as it's within 30 days/1000 miles of expiring. This according to Tesla, who I asked today.

Not true, I did my diligence. Dealerships cannot buy warranties but any owner can just as long as it's within 30 days/1000 miles of expiring. This according to Tesla, who I asked today.

This must be something new, because as of a few months ago, any dealer in the chain of ownership eliminated the ability for any subsequent private owner to buy the ESA. So, even if dealer no longer owns car, the ability to buy ESA disappears. I’d want to see the new policy in writing before I purchased a car with a dealer in the chain.

This must be something new, because as of a few months ago, any dealer in the chain of ownership eliminated the ability for any subsequent private owner to buy the ESA. So, even if dealer no longer owns car, the ability to buy ESA disappears. I’d want to see the new policy in writing before I purchased a car with a dealer in the chain.

And that's what I thought too and why I called but what I was told is that any current owner of any Tesla could buy a warranty within 30 days 1000 miles after the warranty ends. Still, though...$4700 is high.

Here is the language from Tesla. I’d still get it in writing with respect to specific car/vin. And, I hear you that $4700 is high but I hear lots of horror stories about huge repair bills.

Can anyone purchase an Extended Service Agreement?
Owners (excluding 3rd party dealers and vehicles purchased from a 3rd party dealer) with Model S or X vehicles subject to the New Vehicle Limited Warranty which are still within the eligible purchase period can purchase the Extended Service Agreement.

Here is the language from Tesla. I’d still get it in writing with respect to specific car/vin. And, I hear you that $4700 is high but I hear lots of horror stories about huge repair bills.

Owners (excluding 3rd party dealers and vehicles purchased from a 3rd party dealer) with Model S or X vehicles subject to the New Vehicle Limited Warranty which are still within the eligible purchase period can purchase the Extended Service Agreement.

It is confusing and I would recommend any one call first as well.

015764F6-58C1-46FF-B7D7-52AEB6549FCB.jpeg

F13A491F-706A-4403-88BF-6AF97476045B.jpeg

Ideal miles
3F549F24-6C56-40F2-A19D-0BC658AF4150.png

Rated miles
9C05CD4A-B753-44C2-8217-82ED1BDD5272.png

Charge %
C822A8A5-4D29-468E-A615-B0B00F20099F.png

checked the Tesla site for my car. here is the screenshot for you guys. and it is eligible for ESA.

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 10.31.03 AM.png