Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S with AUTOPILOT - Sacramento Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 Tesla Model S 60 kWh with AUTOPILOT

Production date December 2014 and got super lucky to get the Autopilot hardware included.

Mileage is approximately 20,500. Single owner. Clean and well-maintained.

White Alcantera Headliner, Grey Metallic Paint, Black Nappa Leather Seats, Piano Black Décor, 19” wheels

This vehicle is equipped as follows:
Autopilot
Autosteer
Auto Lane Change
Autopark
Summon
Interior Accent Lighting package
Tech package
Traffic Aware Cruise Control
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Supercharger enabled
Daytime Running Lights
Front and side collision avoidance
Blind spot warning
Parking sensors and cameras
Automatic high/low beam headlights
Power liftgate
Lighted door handles
Electrochromatic mirrors

PRICED AT $64,500. The 2014 KBB options do not list AutoPilot as an option so I selected an asking price midway between 2014 and 2015 with Autopilot and other 2015 options that KBB does not list.

IMG_4842.JPG
IMG_4843.JPG
IMG_4842.JPG
IMG_4843.JPG
IMG_4856.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4834.JPG
    IMG_4834.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4835.JPG
    IMG_4835.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4836.JPG
    IMG_4836.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4837.JPG
    IMG_4837.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4838.JPG
    IMG_4838.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4839.JPG
    IMG_4839.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 57
Actually, with his options, after Fed Tax rebate, plus destination and doc fee (required in all 50 states) it would be 66k (plus tax on the full purchase price - matters in some states).

So, 2k more, is not "a lot less".
If you order by July 15th, you get $1000 off. Some states don't charge you sales or use tax for electric cars, and some states have additional refunds. Plus you get a new car vs. one that's got 20K miles and old look.

STILL it is more, your initial judgement was incorrect.

Plus, there is a strict no "thread crapping" rule for the for sale forums. If you don't like the price, just keep it to yourself move on.

Moderator's rule here:
General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

"Mod Note: A number of posts were removed from this thread. For sale threads are not the place for debates about price or discussions about pricing formulas. Please respect the sellers and keep discussion on topic and between interested parties."

STILL it is more, your initial judgement was incorrect.

Plus, there is a strict no "thread crapping" rule for the for sale forums. If you don't like the price, just keep it to yourself move on.

Moderator's rule here:
General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

"Mod Note: A number of posts were removed from this thread. For sale threads are not the place for debates about price or discussions about pricing formulas. Please respect the sellers and keep discussion on topic and between interested parties."

Thanks.

I've just heard back from KBB. They will add the Autopilot, Blind-Spot Alert, Power Liftgate Release and Xenon headlights to the available options for 2014 effective July 1, 2016. Should make it easier to get an accurate valuation.

KBB is always wrong. You could be wrong. I could be wrong. The market is always right.

This. I walked into a dealership with a smug look because KBB trade in for fair condition said my fully loaded A6 was worth $49,000 after 2 years. I got greeted with a ton of laughter and a $37,000 offer from the dealership's computerized appraisal system. Went to Carmax a month later and got nearly the same offer.

Sorry, KBB values don't really mean much, especially when you're not selling everyday cars like Camrys/Accords and so on.

Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
KBB only matters - that too only to get a ball park idea - on mass market high volume vehicles like Corolla and Accord. They are almost always inflated for most models.

Nitrochino is doing a favor here by pointing out the reality. A 20k mile car cannot be priced $2k less than a new car (that too one with an option to upgrade to a bigger battery in the future). When people are critical of a price, they are critical for a reason that helps both the buyer and the seller.

This forum need not be only friendly to the seller. It can also be friendly and help the buyers to get to the right price.

This. I walked into a dealership with a smug look because KBB trade in for fair condition said my fully loaded A6 was worth $49,000 after 2 years. I got greeted with a ton of laughter and a $37,000 offer from the dealership's computerized appraisal system. Went to Carmax a month later and got nearly the same offer.

Sorry, KBB values don't really mean much, especially when you're not selling everyday cars like Camrys/Accords and so on.
The dealer I went to this week offered me top range of the KBB value for a 2014 Model S without autopilot because it was not an option on KBB. So, my experience is different than yours but thank you for your comments.

Dealers usually use Manheim auction prices to set the lowest amount the car will bring at auction and then offer you that amount. They figure if they can't sell your trade-in for more than recent auction prices they'll send it off to auction and take a minimal hit.