Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85D Won't turn on or charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am convinced tesla rigged up some "update" to basically cause catastrophic failure. The 4 times I went there in the past few weeks, I just saw crates on top of crates of HV batteries. Tons of S/X parked in the same spot with their frunks left unlatched. There were constant deliveries of HV batteries being dropped off and picked up like a revolving door. I am in talks with Electrified garage to try and get this fixed at an affordable level.
I am also convinced. But as I’ve stated I’ll be a perfect example and Tesla better not try that with me. The reason is I have exceptionally low mileage and it would be a immense black eye for Tesla for an hv battery to fail under 15k miles. What did Tesla quote you for the hv battery?

the reality is that the early battery packs were vulnerable to water intrusion. It seems like these packs need to be replaced bc any water is disastrous for a battery. So, mileage is less of a factor than age and exposure to the elements. It does seem like the software has differing tolerances for hints of water depending on whether the pack is less than 8 years old or not though.

the reality is that the early battery packs were vulnerable to water intrusion. It seems like these packs need to be replaced bc any water is disastrous for a battery. So, mileage is less of a factor than age and exposure to the elements. It does seem like the software has differing tolerances for hints of water depending on whether the pack is less than 8 years old or not though.

Being garaged full time should help right? Also no real major driving in the elements

If the packs were cheap then replacement wouldn't be an issue but global material demand and Tesla popularity sets the price.
If an executive says "we should lose money in this situation" then the shareholders will replace that person before the money is gone.

Honestly, the packs are cheap with all of the scale that has occurred in EV battery production. Cost to Tesla is probably less than 8k for a replacement pack. It would be incredibly classy and professional and long-term thinking for Tesla to offer a one time replacement pack at their cost after the eight years is up if the battery fails.

Reactions: tesluv108
Honestly, the packs are cheap with all of the scale that has occurred in EV battery production. Cost to Tesla is probably less than 8k for a replacement pack. It would be incredibly classy and professional and long-term thinking for Tesla to offer a one time replacement pack at their cost after the eight years is up if the battery fails.
Couldn’t agree with this more. It’s the right thing to do, especially when talking about sustainability and people that paid 140k for a p90d