Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Q4 Earnings Report and Conference Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time for call changed to 4:30 PST.

Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 5.39.20 PM.png

Time for call changed to 4:30 PST.

View attachment 71920

Guess that answers that. They shifted the call add some people suspected they would. The good news in this the market will be forced to mull over any news for a good 8 hours before pre market opens up. Going to be interesting to see what the market thinks of the earnings since we will see the impact of the letter in the post market and the impact of the call in the pre market

Thanks Bonnie. No offense taken here, and good luck with tomorrow's launch. This is a firm reminder for those who may take offense to this delay, that he's the boss and Tesla "will not change."

Agreed. I saw the email and thought 'makes sense'. I have no issue with the delayed time. Elon is passionate about all his businesses, no reason he can't do both. If it inconveniences people, it's only because they wanted to hear it live. (But because it's at EOD, most people will have ended their work day anyway, with the exception of those of us out here in the West.) It will have absolutely no impact on decisions made.

Agreed. I saw the email and thought 'makes sense'. I have no issue with the delayed time. Elon is passionate about all his businesses, no reason he can't do both. If it inconveniences people, it's only because they wanted to hear it live. (But because it's at EOD, most people will have ended their work day anyway, with the exception of those of us out here in the West.) It will have absolutely no impact on decisions made.

I don't have any issues either. This actually makes it more convenient for me, as I'll be home for the conference call, rather than commuting home and cursing that I'm missing the audio feed, LOL.

I prefer the delay over having him distracted on the call. If that first stage sticks the landing, he will be super pumped up for the call...

In an ideal scenario, SpaceX livestreams the touchdown and sticks the landing. Followed by a pumped Elon talking Tesla with his bravado at 100% (he sounded relatively bummed/edgy the last two earnings calls). It would be quite the headline "Elon Musk succeeds in historic rocket landing, then announces Tesla <speculation here>."

In fact we/he loves epic achievements and making a great story to tell so all the more reason he'll aim for this. Would definitely achieve extra attention to what he has to say about Tesla if its appended to every article about a human spaceflight milestone.

As much as I want the Falcon first stage to successfully land on the barge tomorrow, I would caution you not to get your hopes too high. Tomorrows orbital trajectory is reportedly making the stage recovery harder than it was in the prior launch. As to unexpected good news for Tesla tomorrow on the earnings call, maybe, but likely not.
In an ideal scenario, SpaceX livestreams the touchdown and sticks the landing. Followed by a pumped Elon talking Tesla with his bravado at 100% (he sounded relatively bummed/edgy the last two earnings calls). It would be quite the headline "Elon Musk succeeds in historic rocket landing, then announces Tesla <speculation here>."

Which info are we the most looking forward to during the Conference Call on Wednesday (or in the Shareholder Letter)?

- Delivery numbers in 2014;
- Guidence delivery numbers in 2015;
- News regarding Tesla Model X reveal date;
- News regarding progress Gigafactory;
- News regarding upgrade of the Tesla factory in Fremont;
- News regarding growth/expansion plans in 2015 (more factories, more Supercharger stations, more geographical expansion);
- balance of the reservation deposits account;
- news regarding the Tesla Model 3;

What else are we looking forward to?

What other items could be discussed on the Conference Call?
- Battery cells supply agreement with Samsung SDI?
- China market situation?
- Some more information regarding satellites?